Board logo

Central Scotland Meeting?
Big Stu - 17/2/04 at 06:11 PM

Alright guys,

Just thought I would start the ball rolling for a meeting sometime in the near future. My car is finished and on the road, so it will be there. What happened to the go karting idea?

4th of March is good for me, any thoughts?

Will we be seeing two cars there JC? If so then we might meet somewhere a bit more in the middle for you guys.

escary - 18/2/04 at 04:45 PM

put up some dates for beer chaps and we can meet up.

as for karting i've arranged an endurance race through work on the 11th of april (easter sunday)
1/2 hour practise, 3 hour race. teams of four, 43 pounds per head and there are still spaces available.
Indoor carts, at livingston, bus being ran from my work to there and back leaving larbert road workshops at 13.20 and collecting in falkirk bus station at 13.30.
race start 15.00 ish and return to falkirk at about 19.00.

i'm sure we will talk about it over a few drinks

regards
Ewan

SeaBass - 19/2/04 at 09:47 PM

Don't think so Stu! SVA prolly begining of April. 4th March is fine for me.

Cheers

Big Stu - 20/2/04 at 08:42 AM

Sorry I think I should of put the 5th of March thats a Friday night?

MarkD - 20/2/04 at 12:58 PM

Friday 5th is ok with me.

I've just made the trailing arms, so with a bit of luck I'll get the axle brackets on this weekend.

I might even have a rolling chassis by then (just waiting on some free nuts & bolts )

escary - 21/2/04 at 09:47 PM

i'll drop the bolts off Sunday, sorry for the delay, but you know me by now.
Life always gets in the way.
See you all in the pub on the 5th.
Beefeater still ok for everyone or is there another venue you chaps would prefer?

So who's comming carting?

Regards
Ewan ( the late bolt man )

Big Stu - 22/2/04 at 11:53 AM

Sorry Ewan, I won't be able to make the carting, I don't get back till the 15th of April, but I will see you on the 5th of March. I will have the car there at the start of the night.

MarkD - 22/2/04 at 05:57 PM

Excellent - a big bag of bolts magically appeared today on my door step whilst out on the bikes! (Thanks Ewan)

Spent this afternoon drilling the brackets to size and hopefully I will get the axle mounts welded on Tuesday night. With any luck I'll have the chassis rolling by month end

(Just filled in the SORN agian, only had the donor 2 years....)

escary - 22/2/04 at 08:46 PM

ah! but there was none washers, i'll get some and if i don't get over to fair Denny before we go for beer i'll take with me.

Regards
Ewan

SeaBass - 24/2/04 at 06:52 PM

See you on the 5th. Anyone coming to the meeting got?:

An M12 Fine Thread Nyloc Nut (for the end of the transit balljoint taper bit) I've lost one!

Two M18x1mm locknuts for the transit balljoint shank bit...

For some free beers?

Thanks

Hornet - 25/2/04 at 08:14 AM

I'll be there.. lookin forward to meet u.

JC.. I have posted the 18mm nuts for u.

MarkD - 27/2/04 at 05:06 PM

Guys,

My self / wife imposed deadline to get the chassis rolling or give up is this Sunday night. I've not even been in the garage since last Sunday and have my normal excuses for lack of progress this week.

Might have to call it a day, will bore every one with my tails of woe on Friday!

Mark

SeaBass - 28/2/04 at 02:41 PM

Thanks Hornet, got the locknuts today...

Ewan can you get hold of an M12 Fine Thread Nyloc Nut (for the end of the transit balljoint taper bit), would help me out a bit?

See you next Friday guys...

Cheers

escary - 29/2/04 at 06:36 PM

I'm off work this week and may not be able to get M12 fine nuts but I'll try.

dave1888 - 3/3/04 at 10:37 PM

Will try to get along is it in the same place as last time also antbody taking there locost with them

Big Stu - 4/3/04 at 01:12 PM

Yes and Yes. Beefeater in Camelon. I will be there about 7:30 and will have the locost there for a while.

MarkD - 4/3/04 at 05:38 PM

Good News - I now have a rolling chassis, so current domestic crisis is over. No pics yet, but it's close to the stage JC was at last March (but not has well crafted as JC's !) .... just hope I can make similar progress in the next year. Edited 29/03/04 My Pic now below.

Bad news - My dad's ill and I won't be able to make the meeting.

[Edited on 29/3/04 by MarkD]

SeaBass - 4/3/04 at 06:48 PM

I was thinking that looks strangely familiar Mark. Then I read the post properly.

Will have the camera there Stu if I can take a few pics of your machine...

See you tomorrow about 7:45...

Cheers

escary - 4/3/04 at 08:52 PM

due to family commitments i won't be able to make it.
see you all next time.
regards
Ewan