Board logo

Silverstone track day Sept 1st
wheezy - 8/7/09 at 07:24 AM

If you are interested in taking part there are still places available. The cost will be £165 for the day, driving on the southern circuit. This is a great opportunity to drive at Silverstone for a very reasonable cost. If you are interested just let me know and I will forward on the contact details for Richard Armstrong who is organising it.
Cheers
Dave

Hammerhead - 8/7/09 at 08:16 AM

is this open pit lane? I'd like the details if you would like to pass them on.

Cheers.

Steve.

wheezy - 8/7/09 at 10:11 AM

I'm not sure how Richard will be running it. I will send you his details when I get back from work tonight.

Dave

hobbsy - 8/7/09 at 04:11 PM

If its OPL I could be interested.

Whats the southern circuit look like? <Breaks out google...>

Ah right here it is:

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/pdf/track_days_southern_circuit_d392.pdf

wheezy - 8/7/09 at 06:29 PM

U2U sent to you both.

Dave

asl - 9/7/09 at 06:19 PM

You beat me to it Dave.

I went on the last one organised by Richard (thanks to Dave!) and it was a fantastic day out.

All the guys (with exception of 1 chump who won't be invited back) on the day are really nice. They are all very friendly and profesional and they are really gentle on newbies.

I can highly recommend it. They are exceptional value for money.

Silverstone southern is fairly quick but with some great corners for locosters.

The noise limit is a very nice 105db.

Come on boys, come and have a go!!

edited to say that on the last one they did 12 minutes sessions and you can just join the queue when you want. On some of the sessions, i left the track, joined the back of the queue and was back out before I knew it.

£165 for an all day session of as many gos as you want is much better value than most others

[Edited on 9/7/09 by asl]

wheezy - 10/7/09 at 07:57 PM

Bump

JUD - 10/7/09 at 09:15 PM

Dave

What maximum speed can you get up to on this circuit layout. I am geared to 110 and wouldn't want to be holding up hot hatches on any long straights

Martin

wheezy - 11/7/09 at 06:50 AM

Hi Martin,
Not having driven there myself Iam not to sure. I wouldnt worry about your top speed as there will be quite a few slower cars there than yours, especially in the corners. At the end of the day its all about having fun.
Dave

wheezy - 7/8/09 at 10:15 AM

Last call for this event gents. Some people have dropped out so there are a couple of places left. U2U me if you are interested.

Dave