Board logo

Stoneleigh camping question
L5W - 29/4/13 at 08:23 PM

Hi,

I'm planning to drive to Stoneleigh in the Indy on the saturday afternoon and camp over night. My thoughts have naturally turned to my stomach and, having not camped over at the show before, was wondering whether the bars on site serve food on the saturday evening? Or am I better off packing a camping stove and bringing my own grub?

Ta,

Lee

madteg - 29/4/13 at 08:32 PM

I am taking tin top as well as kit so mrs is packing stove, barb q, and all cooking things as well as sink. You are welcome to use it. We are also taking a pit fire for jacket potatoes at night. I will be camping with the luego lot. Kev.

ashg - 29/4/13 at 09:07 PM

there are food wagons all day but i think they close in the evening. the bar where the ckc band plays only serves drinks. just stick some sausages burgars in a bag there are loads of people with bbq's/grills going and dont normally mind you joining in as long as you contribute some food to the pile, there is also a bp garage 2mins down the road on the a45

edit... mk stand usually has a big bbq in a tent going and the locost club next door also have a pretty good setup too.

[Edited on 29/4/2013 by ashg]

L5W - 30/4/13 at 05:40 PM

Thanks for the replies, I'm glad I asked before setting off for the show. Sausages and burgers added to shopping list...

Cheers,

Lee

Valtra - 2/5/13 at 10:41 PM

You will always get good food and service at the farm shop but I'm not sure if it's open on the Saturday