Board logo

The British Motor Show @ Farnborough
JAG - 5/8/22 at 07:10 AM

The British Motor Show Website

Was anyone else aware of this show happening at Farnborough International, Hampshire, on August 18-21?

It looks like it will be a bit more interactive than the old "British Motor Show" that used to run at The NEC.

This event looks more like the Stoneleigh Kitcar Show - some indoor display of cars but lot's of 'stuff' happening outside with vehicles being displayed and demo'd.

It makes me wish I lived closer!

nick205 - 5/8/22 at 08:20 AM

Not heard a peep abaout it myself - only 40 mins away from me too.

I see the website headline...

"The countdown is on to the biggest motor show of the year"

pewe - 5/8/22 at 10:09 AM

Went to the first one a couple of years ago.
It seemed reasonable but there again I didn't pay to enter (FDMC were giving a Solo demonstration - same again this time).
Stunt show was interesting.
I'd class it as an event to attend if you have nothing better to do rather than a must not miss event...

James - 5/8/22 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JAG
The British Motor Show Website

Was anyone else aware of this show happening at Farnborough International, Hampshire, on August 18-21?

It looks like it will be a bit more interactive than the old "British Motor Show" that used to run at The NEC.

This event looks more like the Stoneleigh Kitcar Show - some indoor display of cars but lot's of 'stuff' happening outside with vehicles being displayed and demo'd.

It makes me wish I lived closer!

I live quite close by but hadn't heard of it.

Unfortunately I'm busy or I'd consider taking the kids.

[Edited on 5/8/22 by James]

nick205 - 5/8/22 at 05:26 PM

I'm close enough to it, not busy and probably could sneak a mates trip, but not really sure I'm fussed about going to be honest.