Board logo

Snetterton?
David Jenkins - 13/8/06 at 08:08 PM

I was looking through the totalkitcar website just now and found an advert for their show at Snetterton on 28th August.

Great I thought as it's fairly close to me, and read up on the preview here.

Is it me, or do they seem to have a funny attitude? It reads like "we're only interested in people who want to buy kits, and sod the rest of the kit car owners who might want to turn up and meet each other!"

Or am I being over-sensitive?

David

matt.c - 13/8/06 at 09:58 PM

Im going there to see and hopefully try some 7's out on the track. The day would be a lot better if more cars and clubs came. But like you said they only seem to be interested in selling and not the club stuff. shame really because it would make a change to have a show around here.

matt

Peteff - 13/8/06 at 10:09 PM

Do they think nobody's going to go just to go round the track in kit cars possibly for free, how naive are they?

DorsetStrider - 14/8/06 at 03:46 AM

I'm going along to that as my best friends brother works at snetterton.

scutter - 14/8/06 at 10:56 AM

I'll be going under the pretence of updating the motor(there are a few I'd think of trading up for in the future)

If they didn't want that many kitcars turning up why do they offer kitcar drivers entry at £5.
Don't worry about your senitivity David it ok

See you there Dan.

[Edited on 14/8/06 by scutter]

wilkingj - 14/8/06 at 11:43 AM

I am looking to go. Its some where relatively near, £5 entry, and takes up a day..

BUT... Its somewhere to drive the Viento and I dont need much excuse for that. Just some dry weather.

David Jenkins - 14/8/06 at 11:53 AM

Yes - if the weather's decent I'll probably trundle along... don't know what I'll find when I get there.

David

rusty nuts - 15/8/06 at 06:42 PM

Hope to go if I can get away . Got some friends coming for the weekend , if they leave early enough should see you there !

BKLOCO - 15/8/06 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Yes - if the weather's decent I'll probably trundle along... don't know what I'll find when I get there.

David

If everything goes to plan you should find me

I did the Brands day last year with GTS.

A good day for watching cars and riding in them.

No "bits" exhibitors except Tifosi & ProTech at Brands so I would immagine it will be similar at Snetterton.

Plenty of chance to chat to manufacturers and get a look at their cars in action rather than just on a static display.

Hoping to have my car on track as GTS demonstrator

[Edited on 15-8-06 by BKLOCO]

matt.c - 17/8/06 at 07:02 PM

Is that all the people that are going then?

Snetterton is going to be very bare

dilley - 17/8/06 at 08:00 PM

If holeshot pull their finger out then count me in.

jonbeedle - 18/8/06 at 12:29 AM

It's just up the road for me. I think I'll go along. It would be good to meet up with some fellow Locosters including the Suffolk/Essex mob again!

David Jenkins - 18/8/06 at 02:50 PM

I think someone in TotalKitCar reads this forum...

I just spotted the following text added onto the event description:

Contrary to what certain people may claim ALL are welcome at totalkitcar LIVE. We'd love to see owners, enthusiasts and potential customers alike. The point I was trying to make was that you won't be able to take your own cars on track, BUT you can go for as many passenger rides as your heart desires.

As if we would misunderstand their intentions...

David

TangoMan - 18/8/06 at 05:48 PM

I may be there.

If I am MOT'd by then and the weather looks good, I may take the drive down through Lincolnshires lanes.

[Edited on 18/8/06 by TangoMan]

matt.c - 19/8/06 at 12:59 PM

Bugger! ive just got my tickets for totalkitcar at snetterton and i have ordered to many, so if anyone wants 2 tickets for it i have them spare, they cost me £8 each. These tickets are for people that are not taking a kit car to the show.

Any offer considered.

Can send them in the post or can give you them on the day at the gates.

cheers

matt

[Edited on 20/8/06 by matt.c]

David Jenkins - 19/8/06 at 09:26 PM

According to the Snetterton race track's web site, if You turn up in a kit car it's £5 entry and you get to park in the VIP area!

paulf - 21/8/06 at 04:59 PM

If the weather is good I may have a drive over there,but the longrange forecast doesnt look to good at the moment.
Paul

rjs - 21/8/06 at 05:58 PM

i,ll be there but nt in the velocity , kids & wife wants to bloody go for some unknown reasons

matt.c - 21/8/06 at 06:09 PM

Sounds like it might be a good turn out if the weather is good

Kit cars + Fastest straight in england =

does anyone know what time it starts?

[Edited on 21/8/06 by matt.c]

David Jenkins - 21/8/06 at 09:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matt.c
Kit cars + Fastest straight in england =

Unfortunately owners will not be allowed to take their cars on-track - kit manufacturers doing demos only.

matt.c - 23/8/06 at 07:20 PM

Shame the public are not allowed on track!

Does any one know what time it starts?

ADD - 23/8/06 at 08:06 PM

I will be there, its my birthday on Monday so what better way to celebrate it with my first ride in a car I have been building for years!.

rusty nuts - 23/8/06 at 08:11 PM

Happy birthday ADD , it's mine as well . May be there as well

dilley - 23/8/06 at 08:22 PM

My cars being picked up on friday, so i should be there, it'll be its maiden voyage-hope its not like the titanic

IF IT RAINS IM NOT GOING JUST MADE 240BHP ON DYNO ON MININUM BOOST STILL GOT 100 BHP TO PLAY WITH

matt.c - 24/8/06 at 08:37 PM

240BHP!!!!!!!!

Take me out in it please

DIY Si - 25/8/06 at 10:13 AM

Good man dilley! Glad it went as planed, if not better! That's twice the power of a standard bird too!

dilley - 25/8/06 at 03:01 PM

Just got the car back, lets just say im happy with 240bhp, the other 100 can stay away, It really is seriously quick

DIY Si - 25/8/06 at 03:04 PM

There'll still be the day you think, well just a little extra boost won't hurt?!

David Jenkins - 25/8/06 at 03:04 PM

Getting back to snetterton - the weather's looking iffy just at the moment...

rusty nuts - 25/8/06 at 06:14 PM

Any one still going if it's raining?

ASH3 - 25/8/06 at 07:04 PM

Yep evan if its snowin

wilkingj - 26/8/06 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Any one still going if it's raining?

You got U2U

Hope to he going.. Viento if Dry weather
Fiesta if wet..or maybe not at all..

rusty nuts - 26/8/06 at 05:55 PM

You have U2U Geoff .

matt.c - 27/8/06 at 10:22 AM

quote:

Yep evan if its snowin

Could be interesting?

Hope weather is ok? fingers crossed!

Matt

David Jenkins - 27/8/06 at 10:51 AM

Current forecast is for it to be peeing down overnight, and occasional showers tomorrow...

...might be going in a tin-top.

David

jonbeedle - 27/8/06 at 02:57 PM

Went for a trip to Northampton in the two seater Friday evening. It poured down all the way there and all the way back. Came back about midnight in the rain along the A14 at a steady 70mph. Best part of 200 mile round trip. It was great! After all it's only water! The missus wasn't as enthusiastic about it as I was though, I guess it was something to do with me having a full set of waterproofs and she didn't The only casualty was my 'phone which somehow got drowned despite it being in my pocket. Oh well I needed a new one anyway!
Anyway if it's pi$$ing down I won't bother!
But hopefully it'll just be light showers if it rains, so I hope to be there!
Look forward to seeing you all.
Cheers
Jon

Peteff - 27/8/06 at 04:00 PM

I did that earlier this year, it was doing a passable impression of a spirit level . It was also possessed by some sort of evil spirit as the ringtone was going through it's complete repertoire for about 2 hours. 2 days in the airing cupboard and a recharge sorted it though.

dilley - 27/8/06 at 04:37 PM

Ill be in me tin top, cant fix my car, Does anyone know if holeshot are at snetterton tommorow?

David Jenkins - 27/8/06 at 05:18 PM

Anyone know what time the show starts? I had a look at Totalkitcar's site, and at Snetterton's, but nobody's letting on...

...I'd guess that it'll be 10:00, but it would be nice to know!

David

dilley - 27/8/06 at 06:23 PM

Has anyone got alink to a list of manufactures etc?? I cant find anything.

r3nuf - 27/8/06 at 07:53 PM

Have been looking for info myself. It seems that the preview on Totalkitcar site has been removed, including any links to it on the home page?!

I am going to aim for 10 ish.

Cheers

Gary

tractorboy - 27/8/06 at 08:04 PM

also hoping to go in the avon if weather is ok. as its only just up the road for me .hope to see you all there. cheers scott

dilley - 27/8/06 at 11:40 PM

Ive fixed my car im driving there now even if its snowing,

dilley - 28/8/06 at 04:10 PM

Just got back and im soaked!! Just like to thank the mk boys for sorting my car out, somebody had the top wishbones wrong from left to right............I wonder who that was Thanks to sean for the loan of his c spanner, all in all a good day, not as busy as I thought though, we really do need a way of identifying each other at these events.

Oh forgot to mention mk killed there gsxr 1000- should of had a bird

[Edited on 28/8/06 by dilley]

rusty nuts - 28/8/06 at 04:39 PM

Sorry to have missed it , had a bit of a hectic weekend and was knackered . Think i'm getting old .

matt.c - 28/8/06 at 04:59 PM

Just got back my self.

Had a good day today, pretty good turn out for the event.

Had 3 wicked laps in the MK show car before it self destructed.

Very nice bunch of lads from MK and thanks for the info.

Pics uploaded later

Cheers

matt

mandbsheldon - 28/8/06 at 05:24 PM

what happened to the MK car? was it the GSXR?

dilley - 28/8/06 at 05:30 PM

gsxr 1000, rod tried to escape.

INDY BIRD - 28/8/06 at 05:44 PM

Also Just got back after a great day driving the car around the track giving demo drives.

Great experience and thanks to mk for the invite.

Shame about there gsxr car,

Come on the black bird had no probs allday.

Car performed very well i am well happy.

Dilley (Turbo bird) Hope the car is now better handling after sorting the front end out, look to see you on a track/road soon.

Cheers

Sean

[Edited on 28/8/06 by INDY BIRD]

David Jenkins - 28/8/06 at 05:55 PM

I was the passenger in the GSXR car when it blew! Going like stink, hammering it round all the corners, then a huge cloud of blue smoke and it was all over.

Shame, 'cos it was going so well. Rescued attachment dscf0011.jpg
Rescued attachment dscf0011.jpg

David Jenkins - 28/8/06 at 06:03 PM

Then MK put me into the green Blackbird beast - went up the pit lane, to find that the track had been closed for lunch!

Went out after lunch for a really good blast around the track - much appreciated. Rescued attachment dscf0016.jpg
Rescued attachment dscf0016.jpg

David Jenkins - 28/8/06 at 06:06 PM

Finally went out in the CCT7 car - it may only have a bog-standard pinto engine, but it went like stink! My wife (pictured below on the pit straight) reported 120 - 130mph on the back straight. I was really impressed with its smooth ride - I really MUST get my back suspension sorted! Rescued attachment dscf0019.jpg
Rescued attachment dscf0019.jpg

David Jenkins - 28/8/06 at 06:07 PM

Finally, I can offer no comment on a certain member of this forum who found one of the cars a wee bit... ahem... snug.

[Edited on 28/8/06 by David Jenkins] Rescued attachment dscf0018.jpg
Rescued attachment dscf0018.jpg

rusty nuts - 28/8/06 at 06:16 PM

Hmm wonder why the nearside is a bit low? Car doesn't look a big as a Viento

David Jenkins - 28/8/06 at 06:23 PM

One comment I would make to the organisers - they need to make it clear exactly what the event is all about. If you take your other half and pay a total of £20 expecting to see a kit car show then you'll be disappointed - and I know a few were.

In my case I went along, had a few rides and my wife and I generally had a blast - for us, it was a decent day, if a bit expensive.

Glad I didn't take my toy car though - the rain THREW it down when I got to Diss. Could barely see where I was going at just 30mph. I'd have been bailing out instead of driving!

David

P.S. Brian - did your gearlever survive until you got home?

[Edited on 28/8/06 by David Jenkins]

INDY BIRD - 28/8/06 at 06:31 PM

Hi David.

glad you enjoyed the ride i my car, it was a bit annoying for you breaking for lunch but i put in a extra lap for you to make up.

Considering it was my 1st track day was pleased with the day will hopefully get faster as i do more track time and explore the car.

a good day but seem to lack the public turnout.

if they could get some parts stands it would create more interest i am sure,??.

[Edited on 28/8/06 by INDY BIRD]

jonbeedle - 28/8/06 at 07:15 PM

A bit disappointed with the event really. £15 for me and the missus to get in and not a lot going on. I would have expected a few stands selling parts or race clothing and associated kit car stuff. I enjoyed being in the pits and watching the cars hammering round though and it was good to see one or two familiar faces. We spent a tenner on two manky burgers and one portion of chips and two cups of luke warm tea but the drive there and back was fun despite the hail stones!
Perhaps when the next event comes around we should all meet up at the same time and place. It seems as though quite a few of us were there but didn't get to meet each other and meeting fellow enthusiasts is the best bit. That way it doesn't matter how crap the event is!
Anyway it beat sitting at home and gazing at the telly!
Anyway, I'm thinking of having a garage party at some point. I'll put it in a seperate post when I can come up with a suitable date.
See you all soon.
Cheers
Jon

wilkingj - 28/8/06 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Finally, I can offer no comment on a certain member of this forum who found one of the cars a wee bit... ahem... snug.

I got as far as the end of the Pit Lane, and they returned me to the Race Office as I had not got a yellow wrist band. Then the heavens Opened and they closed the track.
Even when it dried out, One fury was out of action with a loose Prop flange.
I waited and waited, and they would not go out in the other after the rain due to their tyres and standing water on the track (Fair reason).
In the end, they finished the day, and i went home without getting a ride in anything
In then end, I baled out the Viento which had 1/2" of water in it, as I couldnt get to it in time to cover it up. Its dry now after a nice fast ride home in the Sunshine, and I got home completely Dry... You should have hung about as it dried up, the sun came out and I had a lovely ride home.
A good day.
Nice to meet those that I met.

I'm up for a garage party

matt.c - 28/8/06 at 08:46 PM

[Edited on 28/8/06 by matt.c]

matt.c - 28/8/06 at 08:50 PM

Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 28/8/06 by matt.c]

matt.c - 28/8/06 at 08:51 PM

Image deleted by owner

matt.c - 28/8/06 at 08:52 PM

Image deleted by owner

matt.c - 28/8/06 at 08:53 PM

Image deleted by owner

907 - 28/8/06 at 11:05 PM

A picture speaks a thousand words. Rescued attachment 28082006s.jpg
Rescued attachment 28082006s.jpg

jonbeedle - 29/8/06 at 12:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
quote:

I got as far as the end of the Pit Lane, and they returned me to the Race Office as I had not got a yellow wrist band. Then the heavens Opened and they closed the track.
Even when it dried out, One fury was out of action with a loose Prop flange.
I waited and waited, and they would not go out in the other after the rain due to their tyres and standing water on the track (Fair reason).
In the end, they finished the day, and i went home without getting a ride in anything
In then end, I baled out the Viento which had 1/2" of water in it, as I couldnt get to it in time to cover it up. Its dry now after a nice fast ride home in the Sunshine, and I got home completely Dry... You should have hung about as it dried up, the sun came out and I had a lovely ride home.
A good day.
Nice to meet those that I met.

I'm up for a garage party

I spied you from a distance Geoff. Perhaps I'll get to talk to you at my garage party!

Cheers
Jon

BKLOCO - 29/8/06 at 04:44 AM

I was there. Had a good drive up except for breaking tyhe gear lever
Very wet drive home

I would concur with all of the comments made.
The total kit car events need trade stands as well as the track action.
I was supposed to be there giving GTS demos but unfortunately GTS had to pull out at the last minute (5:45 phone call:mad

Despite having on a "T" shirt with a pic of my car and bkloco on it, the only people I found were David J and wilkinj (who was on the rollers at the time and I didn't want to interupt.)

At the next event "Brands Hatch." If people are going then we should agree a time and place and all meet up.

jonbeedle - 29/8/06 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
I was there. Had a good drive up except for breaking tyhe gear lever
Very wet drive home

I would concur with all of the comments made.
The total kit car events need trade stands as well as the track action.
I was supposed to be there giving GTS demos but unfortunately GTS had to pull out at the last minute (5:45 phone call:mad

Despite having on a "T" shirt with a pic of my car and bkloco on it, the only people I found were David J and wilkinj (who was on the rollers at the time and I didn't want to interupt.)

At the next event "Brands Hatch." If people are going then we should agree a time and place and all meet up.

Brian, you were leaving just as I arrived. Are you avoiding me?

scutter - 29/8/06 at 11:25 AM

I'd just like to add my thanks to all the MK boys, and Paul fisher for answering all my questions patiently, and a big thanks to Danny for taking me out int he test car first(well before the engine blew( to say it was a little quicker than the Crossflow would be an understatment.

Sorry i missed everyone had to pop back home before Lunch.
ATB Dan.

cct7kitcars - 29/8/06 at 12:21 PM

good day was had by all i think

BKLOCO - 29/8/06 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jonbeedle

Brian, you were leaving just as I arrived. Are you avoiding me?

Sorry John,
I had some decorating waiting for me and as I'm alittle low on brownie points at the moment..... (working 6:00am to 9:00 pm all this week).
Seemed like a good day to keep SWMBO happy.

INDY BIRD - 30/8/06 at 07:54 PM

It was a fun day for me.

Remember Brands is next on 14th oct.

They are running a kit car only day on the 13th oct to take your car on track for £120.

think i may make a weekend of it.???.

Shame about the turnout i think the weather forcast didnt help?

Hellfire - 30/8/06 at 08:26 PM

Sean, have you got a link to the trackday at Brands?

Phil

INDY BIRD - 30/8/06 at 09:07 PM

Hi Helfire.

Just go to www.totalkitcar.com.

it is on the front page,steve says.

hope this helps.

cheers
Sean

PAUL FISHER - 3/9/06 at 09:52 PM

Yes,a great day last weekend at snetterton,thanks to Sean and brother Paul,"the twins" for saving the day keeping the passenger rides going,after I blew up the MK gsxr,but we were pushing our luck,running it with a standard sump,with no baffles,and full slick tyres,resulting in no oil to the crank,and a number three con rod through the side of the block,the new engine has now been fitted,just waiting for the accusump,and baffle plate to be fitted before donnington. Rescued attachment tkcl-snet-06-8894.jpg
Rescued attachment tkcl-snet-06-8894.jpg