Board logo

Constantly being logged out while searching
harmchar - 29/6/19 at 08:33 PM

Anyone else being logged out all the time? It's getting frustrating as I am using the search function to suss out wiring issues. Read maybe two posts and site logs me out. When I log in again it goes to the home page meaning search is gone and place is lost where I was reading last.
Cheers

gremlin1234 - 30/6/19 at 03:41 PM

not had that problem, but I don't use search much

maybe try a different browser.
or, the way I search this site is via google search, with the 'site:' qualifier

ie search term
site:locostbuilders.co.uk wiring issues

harmchar - 30/6/19 at 07:49 PM

Will try that, thanks for tip. Might get better search results that way also as the results are a bit random here. If you search Sierra Wiring you get hundreds of hits, not all relevant.
Might also be that I use iPad. Might blow the dust off the laptop to see if its same.
Cheers

nick205 - 1/7/19 at 09:14 AM

Not had the issue myself, but I would find it annoying - I use the search to find specific things I read/seen before or as you say find answers to problems without asking a question that's already been asked/answered.

Trying a different web browser is a reasonable suggestion. Not for the same issue, but I recently changed from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox. Firefox works well for me and I've not experienced any issues using it. It's free and you could install and try it without removing whichever browser you currently use.