Board logo

locost using an mx5 diff!
chunky2772 - 11/1/11 at 07:16 PM

I wanted to post some pics up to show other members my re, designed locost chasiss useing the mx 5 diff to help other people out there considering using this car. I've tried posting pics but it never works if anyone is intrested i can e mail you pics so you can post them on the forum to give fellow builders ideas. E mail me at bigchunky27@yahoo.co.uk

Peteff - 11/1/11 at 07:47 PM

Put them in your archive and someone can explain how to link them or look at them in there. Problems most people have is trying to put them on without sizing them in a graphic program first.

mcerd1 - 11/1/11 at 08:54 PM

^^ like he said

upload to your archive (click on the link below your own avitar - hit the browse button)

open the pic in you archive

put this bit in you new post: (inc. the brakets)

jobe done

[Edited on 11/1/2011 by mcerd1]

chunky2772 - 11/1/11 at 08:59 PM

Ive only ever managed to post 2 pics in my archive! Im rubbish with this computer i haven't got a hope in hell of getting anymore posted in that archive im sick of trying.

mcerd1 - 11/1/11 at 09:41 PM

ok try hosting the pis else where: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/18/viewthread.php?tid=107220

Peteff - 11/1/11 at 11:20 PM

Sign up for a photobucket free account, if you can't put pictures on there I will personally come round and take your computer away from you as you are too dumb to own one and run a life at the same time. Sorry, my grandson is 9 and he can do this stuff and I am old and can do it. You must be somewhere in between so it's time to learn. Here you are, sign up and you can size and edit your pictures online and it's free, just put a bit of time in to find out how to do it.

[Edited on 11/1/11 by Peteff]

interestedparty - 12/1/11 at 06:26 AM

And Chris Gibbs wrote a book about the Haynes Roadster, not the Locost, that was the previous Ron Champion book, and a different car altogether!

kj - 12/1/11 at 06:35 AM

pm sent

Strontium Dog - 12/1/11 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Sign up for a photobucket free account, if you can't put pictures on there I will personally come round and take your computer away from you as you are too dumb to own one and run a life at the same time.

[Edited on 11/1/11 by Peteff]

Seriously though, photobucket is very easy to use and is better for theLocost site as you are not loading the server with large picture files!

I use it all the time and you can even grant people access to whole albums if you want to, so can be very useful indeed!

chunky2772 - 12/1/11 at 05:06 PM

At last! Thanks lads. Been on all night again trying to do this and finaly got there.

[Edited on 12/1/11 by chunky2772]

DIY Si - 19/1/11 at 06:44 PM

How heavy is the complete diff in that big cage? I'm looking for something for my Sprite, and the MX-5 stuff keeps coming up cheaply on Ebay.