Board logo

Where to get my CO2 cylinder refilled
smart51 - 22/9/17 at 07:38 AM

I took my empty CO2 cylinder to my local tool shop yesterday to swap it for a full one. They said their supplier has gone bankrupt and they can't find anyone else to refill them. I paid them a pretty penny for the bottle some years ago now and would like to keep using it. Where else could I get it refilled (in Birmingham ideally)?

sdh2903 - 22/9/17 at 08:08 AM

Find a local fire extinguisher service place. That's where I get my pub bottle one refilled.

Slimy38 - 22/9/17 at 09:57 AM

I stick with Adams Gas, I'm now on my third supplier as the other two have similarly gone walkies. But because it's a chain it's easy to just find another one. I appreciate you're then left with another bottle that you can't do anything with, but at least you can keep a constant supply.

Agriv8 - 22/9/17 at 10:23 AM

If its plain Co2 ( not Argonsheild )

I have just got a 1/2 height pub ( 10LB bottle I think ) in Bradford from a Cough * Hydroponics spot * full bottle Ģ25 outright purchase refills will be around Ģ9 ( though it may take me a couple of years to empty ) I am sure there will be some in Birmingham

Ps before the rumours start its for my fish tank ( pictures to follow ).

regards

Agriv8

Agriv8 - 22/9/17 at 10:26 AM

ere you go :-

Vision180
Vision180

Agriv8

Hopley89 - 22/9/17 at 11:21 AM

what bottle is it?
as car spares do the swap and exchange for the big bottles of argon/co2 ect

nick205 - 22/9/17 at 11:27 AM

Looking for a local Argoshield refill I've found a fire extinguisher agent who can do it for me.

Might be another avenue for you to try

JAG - 22/9/17 at 11:36 AM

Hi Colin,

I get mine from these guys in Northfield; The Tool Box

RoadkillUK - 22/9/17 at 07:21 PM

Have a look round for your nearest "Grow Shop/Hydroponics Shop", that's where I got my last bottle.

hobbsy - 22/9/17 at 07:57 PM

I think I used these guys once:

http://www.thebeerandgasman.co.uk/cellar-gases/

smart51 - 23/9/17 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Hi Colin,

I get mine from these guys in Northfield; The Tool Box

Hi Justin. My bottle is from The Tool Shop. They've swapped it out several times but they're the ones who say they can't find a replacement supplier.

smart51 - 23/9/17 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Find a local fire extinguisher service place. That's where I get my pub bottle one refilled.

I'll give that a go, thanks. Failing that I'll look into hydroponics

JAG - 26/9/17 at 11:53 AM

quote:

Hi Justin. My bottle is from The Tool Shop. They've swapped it out several times but they're the ones who say they can't find a replacement supplier.

oh bugger!

I guess I'm going to be in the same situation next time I run out then

How did you get on? Did you find another Supplier?

Angel Acevedo - 26/9/17 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8

Vision180
Vision180

Agriv8

Just being nosey...
Why would you inject CO2 to a fish tank??
Isnīt it detrimental to fish?
Thanks

Agriv8 - 27/9/17 at 09:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Angel Acevedo
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8

Vision180
Vision180

Agriv8

Just being nosey...
Why would you inject CO2 to a fish tank??
Isnīt it detrimental to fish?
Thanks

Hi , No problem being Nosey.

The main reason is to promote plant growth within the tank ( some of the CO2 desolves in the water after being forced through a CO2 defuser stone that creates lots of very fine bubbles ) and the plants grow better using that.

As you point out will it harm the Fish YES IF LEFT UNCHECKED --> The main draw back is that it creates acid ( carbonic acid ) but the plants will remove that providing the lights are on and they are growing .

To keep things safe my tank the CO2 injection is controlled by a PH meter system that only opens the C02 soleniod when the lights are on and the PH is above a safe level for fish and Shrimp.

because of this I can keep healthy happy plants and fish and very stable PH values.

ATB Agriv8

Angel Acevedo - 27/9/17 at 03:00 PM

Cool...
Sounds fancy and not locost...
Thanks for your time...
AA

prawnabie - 27/9/17 at 07:55 PM

BJ cellar gases in Dudley are good

smart51 - 29/9/17 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JAG
quote:

oh bugger!

I guess I'm going to be in the same situation next time I run out then

How did you get on? Did you find another Supplier?

Not yet, sadly.

smart51 - 29/9/17 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
BJ cellar gases in Dudley are good

I'll give them a try, thanks.