Board logo

Chassis wanted
Cyana82 - 9/7/18 at 09:06 PM

Hi All, I'm looking for a bare chassis for a project my brother in law is working on, it does not have to be complete as he intends to fit a Mazda engine and box and convert to irs rear. Unfortunately I'm a bit too busy with the Cyana project to build him one from scratch so looking for a headstart on this one. We are based in the Staffordshire area if anyone can help please get in touch. Thanks Rob J

number-1 - 9/7/18 at 11:04 PM

Theres one on ebay that could be a decent deal

ebay

Cyana82 - 10/7/18 at 05:59 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply but unfortunately that is a robin hood monocoque chassis and I was after something like locost or Haynes. thanks for looking, the search continues.

ianminki - 10/7/18 at 08:07 AM

hi
I have a fury/striker chassis is in need off a little bit of repair but not bent it is one a bought with a stylus body that is sit in the garage not been used as I only got it for some body part's if any good ..regards ian

Dean m - 10/7/18 at 11:09 AM

Hi,
Nothing to do with me, but noticed this Haynes Roadster chassis on eBay.

eBay Item

Barkalarr - 10/7/18 at 07:31 PM

Why don’t you just buy one of the new Indy RX-5 chassis ?
All the hard work is already done for you - it looked awesome at Stoneleigh

myke pocock - 10/7/18 at 08:00 PM

The Haynes Roadster on ebay uses erw tube on the wishbones. Not a wise move I would guess even with 3mm wall thickness?

Lander - 10/7/18 at 09:14 PM

Hi,

I have a Tiger Avon Chassis that I would be willing to let go. It has majority of Ally panels fitted along with a few other bits and pieces such as pedals handbrake master cylinder etc but can remove those if required.

Let me know if it is of interest, based in Cheltenham so not a million miles away.

Cheers,

Ian

ianminki - 11/7/18 at 10:31 AM

hi rob
link to some quick photoshttps://1drv.ms/f/s!AkQQkgzUdYLozWftAe80mH4AvPoh

Cyana82 - 12/7/18 at 09:45 AM

Hi all,

We have now settled on a MK chassis for this project. Thanks to all who have helped and taken the time to post replies.