Board logo

MNR Vortx inboard and anti roll bar (ARB)
Andrzejsr - 17/12/20 at 04:15 PM

Hello! I am in the process of re-building an MNR Vortx inboard with Honda CBR engine.

Had no chance to drive the car yet, but I am going to order some parts from factory (MNR) , and prefer to make one shipment due to shipping cost to Poland.
So can not drive and see if I need an ARB. To drive I need some parts first

If not especially needed then no point spending money and add some weight to the car. But my thinking is maybe it helps with tune-balancing the car and is really needed due to chassis roll and dynamic camber change ? just dont know. Had only experience witrh Westfield, where to stiff front ARB caused huuuuge understeering. No ARB - car little to nervous , ended wit softer ARB set for soft and is ok. But - different car, haevier, with highier ride height.

So - maybe someone had a chance to drive this car on track without and with ARB fitted ? - is the ARB (front) needed for this car - track use only. ?

The chasis is really stiff .The floor is flat . Springs - dont know rates yet, seems rather soft as the car was previous a road car .

Also - cant find any pictures of ARB in MNR Vortx, where are the attachement points.

[Edited on 17/12/20 by Andrzejsr]