Board logo

Chassis pics update
Avoneer - 3/4/05 at 06:48 PM

Hi,
Front end all tacked now with all brackets in place.
4" lean on the "L" section and simply made on a flat board with a round top and bottom bar - dead easy to do.
Results of suspension brackets and the above modifications = a bracket almost slap bang in the middle of a bar.
Pat... Rescued attachment 1.JPG
Rescued attachment 1.JPG

Avoneer - 3/4/05 at 06:48 PM

Another pic. Rescued attachment 2.JPG
Rescued attachment 2.JPG

Avoneer - 3/4/05 at 06:49 PM

And another. Rescued attachment 3.JPG
Rescued attachment 3.JPG

Avoneer - 3/4/05 at 06:51 PM

And another. Rescued attachment 4.JPG
Rescued attachment 4.JPG

Northy - 3/4/05 at 06:58 PM

That looks like Carls welder

Marcus - 3/4/05 at 07:01 PM

You've probably gone a bit far for this now, but I'd raise the top of the trans tunnel by an inch, that way, you can fit a remote gear linkage inside the tunnel. Saves problems later. That all depends on gearbox you're using, of course, but it worked well on my crossflow engined car.

Marcus

Avoneer - 3/4/05 at 07:05 PM

Cheers Marcus, but it will be a BEC with paddle shift so tunnel is only for prop and handbrake.
Made the tunnel dead straight on the passenger side to giv more leg room for the passenger.
Graham - yes, it is Carl's beast.
Pat...

niceperson709 - 4/4/05 at 12:00 AM

Hey Pat looking real good mate
the essence of good design is simplicty and elegance ,
Best wishes
Iain

[Edited on 4/4/05 by niceperson709]

pgpsmith - 4/4/05 at 02:21 AM

Warning: Thread Hijack (Well, tangent, anyway.)

Marcus, what did you mean by "remote gear linkage"? Moving the shifter to an easy to reach location on the tunnel? I'm probably going to use a T9. Would you recommend +1 on the tunnel? It would probably be good for structure, anyway.

Regards,
Mr. Pete

James - 4/4/05 at 07:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pgpsmith
Warning: Thread Hijack (Well, tangent, anyway.)

Marcus, what did you mean by "remote gear linkage"? Moving the shifter to an easy to reach location on the tunnel? I'm probably going to use a T9. Would you recommend +1 on the tunnel? It would probably be good for structure, anyway.

Regards,
Mr. Pete

If you can, a better way is to move the engine far enough back that you don't need an extension!

Cheers,
James

Avoneer - 4/4/05 at 11:42 AM

Bugger ov mi thred!

Pat...

pgpsmith - 5/4/05 at 02:31 AM

Ha, Ha, Ha!

My fingers must have slipped. What I meant to type was "My, what an elegant solution, and so artfully executed, too!"

Well done, Pat. I've added it to my list of ideas to thieve.

Regards,
Mr. Pete