Board logo

pedal box, bushes?
Miks15 - 1/6/08 at 04:01 PM

Ive started on my pedal box using roadster as a guideline ( need a hydraulic clutch and mine is slightly wider than the book in the footwell)

It says that it uses the acetal bushes in tube on the pedal. Only problem is i dont have the right size tube or the bushes.
Are the bushes realli necessary? I have some M10 bolts and tubes to fit which would be 100 times easier and quicker for me to fit. and i wouldnt have to but some tube and bushes etc so sticking locost. Is it ok to do it without the bushes?

cheers

Mix - 1/6/08 at 04:13 PM

Hi

I'd say yes with reservations...

The tube should be seamless, of an equivilent ID and I would lube the joint with a good quality anti sieze grease.

Regards Mick

Miks15 - 1/6/08 at 04:25 PM

alternatively does anyone make just the pedals/bushes and tubes for a cheap price?

Mole - 1/6/08 at 04:30 PM

Not sure if its any help but I'm using PTFE for the bushes rather than acetal.

Miks15 - 1/6/08 at 04:31 PM

anyone got any off cuts of the right size tube they dont need?

Kaspa - 4/6/08 at 09:54 AM

You can buy a balance bar from OBP and the tube comes with it. i have a spare but mail would cost more than its worth, other wise youd be welcome to it
cheers Kaspa

MikeRJ - 4/6/08 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kaspa
You can buy a balance bar from OBP and the tube comes with it. i have a spare but mail would cost more than its worth, other wise youd be welcome to it
cheers Kaspa

I believe the OP is talking about the pedal pivot bushes rather than a balance bar assembly.

A steel/steel bearing would probably work acceptably well for the limited movement and forces involved, though it's not generally good practice to use the bolt shank as a bearing surface.