links not working.

t.j. - 26/9/10 at 03:18 PM

So you need a new numberplate
DOHC instead of OHV

001Ben - 26/9/10 at 04:14 PM

Try this link

Looks good btw

joemotion - 26/9/10 at 04:58 PM

Nice looking car - can i ask where you got your exhaust can from?

laptoprob - 27/9/10 at 06:58 AM

Dunc.. any ideas what ive done wrong?? Cant get them to post. All i did was paste the link in and hey preston...nothing

T.J.... I inherited the plate from somone so thought it looked better than the origianl `F` plate.

001Ben...Thanks

Joemotion...its a Wunoff Repack from Bradford £200. 2" inlet .Hope that helps.

laptoprob - 27/9/10 at 08:27 AM

Links now sorted...phew!!

laptoprob - 1/10/10 at 09:26 PM

[img]IMG_0871 by laptoprob1, on Flickr[/img]
IMG_0790 by laptoprob1, on Flickr

[img]IMG_0872 by laptoprob1, on Flickr[/img]
IMG_0870 by laptoprob1, on Flickr

[Edited on 1/10/10 by laptoprob]

Rudy - 9/10/10 at 06:49 PM

it looks very nice and wheel done .

laptoprob - 10/10/10 at 07:29 AM

Thanks Rudy.

laptoprob - 6/11/10 at 01:02 PM

[img] photo by laptoprob1, on Flickr[/img]

[img] red carblue car 005 by laptoprob1, on Flickr[/img]

[img] red carblue car 001 by laptoprob1, on Flickr[/img]

[img] red carblue car 004 by laptoprob1, on Flickr[/img]

joemotion - 8/11/10 at 12:42 PM

Nice looking Avon. Just waiting on Tiger getting me the full cage as well.

Have you got any more pics of your boot lid? My current one is gonna have to be messed around with to get the support struts in and is a pain as mine sits on top and not inside of the tub like most others do.

laptoprob - 8/11/10 at 09:22 PM

Hi mate,

noticed your not too far away from me.

The guys at MAC#1 fitted the cage and uttered some #*$?? at me when i picked it up as they dont fit very well at all.
But that said it looks better IMHO and makes you feel safer too.

They 2 good lads who didnt charge a fortune and theyre in Sheffield.

Give me a buzz if your contemplating coming up and ill meet you for a brew

Rob.

laptoprob - 8/11/10 at 09:23 PM

Picks of boot lid tomorrow mate(incidentally fitted by Colin@MAC#1 too)

joemotion - 9/11/10 at 12:41 PM

That is a tiger cage though isnt it? the fixing support below the aeroscreen looks slightly different from the one that ive seen on tigers previously?

laptoprob - 9/11/10 at 01:40 PM

Yes mate its Tigers. The guys at MAC#1 fitted it but they werent happy with the upper fitting as it fouled on the frame behind the grp so they made a lovely little plate for it.

j37w - 9/11/10 at 10:39 PM

Hi, I am about 60% through my Avon Build so it is good to see some well finished cars for inspiration. Where did you get the aeroscreen and dash panel from? Did you get it through IVA with that steering wheel?
Regards
John

laptoprob - 10/11/10 at 07:54 AM

Hi j37w,

steering wheel is fine for IVA mate(bought from MAC#1 in Sheffield).

Aeroscreen and dash blank both bought from Laura in Tiger Racing. 40 quid for each from memory.

Rob.

laptoprob - 10/11/10 at 08:01 AM

[img] photo by laptoprob1, on Flickr[/img]

joemotion - 10/11/10 at 12:34 PM

It looks like it sits on the top then? Mine does for some reason as the lip is flat part way round so you cant have the standard finish like say an MK does where it sits inside

Mine is like this at the mo - on top of tub

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/car%20resize%20%203.JPG

[Edited on 10/11/10 by joemotion]

laptoprob - 10/11/10 at 04:37 PM

Yeah mine sits just like yours mate.

The colour of your car is awesome i may add.

One question....your bonnet looks much better than mine for 2 reasons which i need you to explain if poss.

The doesnt seem to be the horrible bulge that Avons have where the carbs should sit and also you have a mesh in the top bulge. Is this a std bonnet mate?

Rob.

P.S.Fancy a run to Cadwell at the weekend, we are doin a track day then?

joemotion - 10/11/10 at 09:51 PM

The bonnet was like that when i bought the car - the guy I bought it off was pretty good at bodywork and has done a good job. I think he has cut out the bonnet and fixed mesh in as its just glued on the back. Not sure about the nose though as mine dosent have the bulge either so must be a different one.

Shes off the road now till after Xmas as been sorting the exhaust and getting ready for this cage (when they finally arrive at Tiger!) Getting married in 3 weeks so not got the time to get everything done this year!

Defo would be up for something in the new year though when its done! Want to have a play on a track!

laptoprob - 11/11/10 at 07:49 AM

Good luck with the wedding and all mate.

Probably catch you at at track in the future

Rob.

neilp1 - 14/1/11 at 07:13 PM

Nice looking Avon.

Can I ask where you got you roll bar in the first set of pics, as I'm building one and like the option of the full cage at a later date!
Does the full cage bolt to the rear roll bar?

Cheers,
Neil

Yazza54 - 14/1/11 at 07:54 PM

Heyy, I notice that car... we've met right?

daniel mason - 14/1/11 at 08:28 PM

What does it go like mate? Where did you get those rear arch protectors?

joemotion - 15/1/11 at 09:16 PM

The roll bar is part of the "Caged" FIA cage supplied by Tiger. The front section is just bolted to it.

neilp1 - 15/1/11 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemotion
The roll bar is part of the "Caged" FIA cage supplied by Tiger. The front section is just bolted to it.

Can you buy the rear separate from the front? How does it fit, does it just bolt on like the roll bar?

DaveFJ - 17/1/11 at 01:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemotion
The bonnet was like that when i bought the car - the guy I bought it off was pretty good at bodywork and has done a good job. I think he has cut out the bonnet and fixed mesh in as its just glued on the back. Not sure about the nose though as mine dosent have the bulge either so must be a different one.

Shes off the road now till after Xmas as been sorting the exhaust and getting ready for this cage (when they finally arrive at Tiger!) Getting married in 3 weeks so not got the time to get everything done this year!

Defo would be up for something in the new year though when its done! Want to have a play on a track!

Know that car quite well and remeber talking to the builder at Stoneliegh...

basically it isn't a 'Tiger' Avon! it is the original Avon which was made by someone else and then Tiger bought the rights and changed the kit slightly. the guy (wish i could remember his name!) also made the tunnel top by hand and it looks superb....

the side bulge on the bonnet is a relatively new feature (about 5 years IIRC) which Tiger added to allow for carbs on a Zetec.... I have the bulge despite my Pinto but have opened up the front to allow some cool air to get to the exghaust headers

[Edited on 17-1-11 by DaveFJ]

laptoprob - 20/1/11 at 07:32 AM

Sorry for late reply, just got back from my 40th birthday holiday in Dubai

NeilP, firstly thanks and secondly i think Joe has answered your question about sourcing it but your final question about the front/rear i`m not sure on. I dont think you will to be honest but MAC#1 will make you one if you wish 01142511016(MARK/COLIN).

Yazza, did we meet in Sheffield at the supercar meeting late last year?

Daniel, it did go well with the last engine in which is pictured earlier. It kicked out around 185 hp and last trip out at Cadwell was pitched level with an MNR which had a 150hp R1 engine in that weighed nothing. I have sold it now and am just about to finish off a new build which will be approx(fingers crossed) 230 hp which should push it along nicely
The arch protectors were made by a guy who does it in his spare time.They are carbon fibre not ABS and he can be contacted on julianeisel@aol.com.

Yazza54 - 20/1/11 at 08:56 AM

Yep! Though so. Cars looking good.

laptoprob - 20/1/11 at 10:58 AM

Thanks mate.

Take it you didnt get wet on way home

Yazza54 - 22/1/11 at 06:13 PM

Nope! Did you?

It has rained once when I was out in the Fury, no helmet, in traffic hahaha. Felt a right tosser.

Yazza54 - 22/1/11 at 06:13 PM

Nope! Did you?

It has rained once when I was out in the Fury, no helmet, in traffic hahaha. Felt a right tosser.

Yazza54 - 22/1/11 at 06:14 PM

Nope! Did you?

It has rained on me once when I was out in the Fury, pissing down.. no helmet, in traffic. Felt like a right tosser!!

laptoprob - 23/1/11 at 07:50 PM

I live only 10-15 mins away from the Porsche garage we met at so was home dry in no time.

I know you had a fair way to go

laptoprob - 25/1/11 at 07:28 AM

Newly built engine now fitted.

Now 2.1 with 12:1 Omega pistons,Steel rods,Cometic head gasket,ported+polished head,solid lifters
and Autosprint 302 dur/11mm lift cams.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Lightened flywheel now fitted along with Helix twin paddle sprung clutch and cover.

Tran X gearbox now fitted 2.48/1.69/1.21/1.1/0.87

228mm Sprung paddle clutch
228mm Sprung paddle clutch

Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 25/1/11 by laptoprob]

laptoprob - 25/1/11 at 07:37 AM

Engine ready
Engine ready

[Edited on 25/1/11 by laptoprob]

Yazza54 - 25/1/11 at 09:31 AM

Oops treble post!

Looking good! Gonna be like a stabbed rat with that motor!

laptoprob - 25/1/11 at 05:10 PM

Hopefully

laptoprob - 27/1/11 at 09:15 PM

You fancy a run to Cadwell early March Yazza??

laptoprob - 18/4/11 at 06:40 AM

New 52mm 4 pass PACE rad fitted with ally headertank.

Should sort the heating out on even the hottest track day

[img] ALLYFAB RADIATOR
ALLYFAB RADIATOR
[/img]