Board logo

PowerCommander5 and Autotune
adithorp - 12/7/17 at 01:12 PM

I'm thinking of switching from PowerCommander3 to a pc5 with autotune. I've just changed airbox and i need to get it remapped and then later this year I'll probably have a new set of headers and exhaust so will need going on the rollers again. So a PC5 would negate the need for 2 lots of mapping and pay for itself effectively.

Anybody got any experience of using the PC5+AUTOTUNE?

[Edited on 13/7/17 by adithorp]

coyoteboy - 12/7/17 at 01:53 PM

Not specifically with that but unless it's come on a LONG way in the last few years, autotune of anything isn't a replacement for live mapping.

Jamesc - 12/7/17 at 09:46 PM

I noticed a massive improvement between PC3 and PC5+Autotune. Although to be fair I can't verify how well my PC3 was tuned, but I could feel the Autotune working as I was driving. The PC5 is definitely more capable with regards to features and tuning.

I used to have a spare autotune module and wideband lambda.. It was missing the back cover but was working, so if I can find it, you're welcome to buy it cheap. Going on holiday tomorrow though

adithorp - 13/7/17 at 07:40 AM

It'll be a few weeks before I make a decision but I'll keep yours in mind. If you could send a picture of it that's be good.

flanders - 13/7/17 at 08:15 AM

Id be interested in buying it adithorp decides not to buy it

quote:
Originally posted by Jamesc
I noticed a massive improvement between PC3 and PC5+Autotune. Although to be fair I can't verify how well my PC3 was tuned, but I could feel the Autotune working as I was driving. The PC5 is definitely more capable with regards to features and tuning.

I used to have a spare autotune module and wideband lambda.. It was missing the back cover but was working, so if I can find it, you're welcome to buy it cheap. Going on holiday tomorrow though

[Edited on 13/7/17 by flanders]