Board logo

What instruments
Lotusmark2 - 11/10/05 at 01:57 PM

Hi all,
I am looking around for the instrument cluster from a vtr firestorm but they are all running in at £80+ which considering I only want the rev counter and warning lights looks a bit expensive.
Any ideas about a suitable alternative (different honda pod or replacement aftermarket)
Cheers
Mark

kb58 - 11/10/05 at 02:02 PM

£80 seems very reasonable for what you get. Just my tach for my car project was £140... and each separate gauge around £30. I'd try to use the bike dash.

Lotusmark2 - 11/10/05 at 02:06 PM

Ok so I'm a tight git
Just seen a load of other honda pods going for 30-50 so wondered if any of them would work??

ChrisGamlin - 11/10/05 at 03:46 PM

A total lottery Id think, you might find some work but you might not, and you'd need to do some hacking into the wiring to find out so I doubt you'll get any answers from others.

Why not use all the VTR dash with speedo too, if you can get it to work with a Yellowbox / Speedohealer it may work out cheaper than buying a decent speedo seperately?

Lotusmark2 - 11/10/05 at 05:26 PM

Hi Chris,
Sorry did not explain myself. The car is a single seater race car so no need for speedo.
Think I will end up shelling out on the VTR

chrisf - 11/10/05 at 06:17 PM

I have a tach that I will sell for beer money plus postage from the US. I think it will work for your application. Email me if interested. I planned on using it for my Fireblade project but went with the standard clocks. I think it is from a Suzuki but can take pics and tell you as much info as possible.

--Chris