Board logo

R1 kill switch question
RickRick - 26/8/08 at 06:54 AM

R1 5vy
if the kill switch is in the off position will the engine turn over, but not fire, or do nothing

worX - 26/8/08 at 06:57 AM

It won't turn over, fire or prime the pump.

Steve

RickRick - 26/8/08 at 07:55 AM

so i've got an imobaliser, that can disconnect 2 circuits using 18 amp relays, can anyone see why one of these couldn't replace the kill switch

Davey D - 26/8/08 at 09:07 AM

I Believe that the engine will turn over, but it wont prime, or start

twybrow - 26/8/08 at 09:26 AM

My kill switch (different bike/engine but the same switch and theory) cuts all the power - if you hit the kill switch it will not turn/fire anything!

adithorp - 26/8/08 at 09:33 AM

With the kill off it won't turn, start or prime. I've got the kill switch in because you need it to scroll through the diagnostics if you have the bike clocks but my immobiliser also cuts it off. Second immobiliser circuit cuts the ignition. Was fine for SVA.

adrian

RickRick - 26/8/08 at 09:48 AM

that's great, looking at the birds nest of wires infront of me it looked like it should stop the starter relay. will ignition switch (no steering lock) and transponder type immobalizer cover me for the 2 security things? or do i still need a mechanical security device

adithorp - 26/8/08 at 11:48 AM

Thats what I've got and it was fine. Just had to demonstrate that it wouldn't start if I took the transponder away from the key.

adrian

Davey D - 26/8/08 at 12:36 PM

can you remove the transponder from the key? Ive used the full original 5vy Loom including ignition barrel, but couldnt see anywhere to remove the transponder from the key to test it.

My Engine is from an Import bike, i think it might be U.S? because the clocks are in Mph, but have degrees F on the temp readout?

RickRick - 26/8/08 at 01:47 PM

i can remove mine as it's not a standard part of the loom, i guess if yours is in the key, you might have to get a plain key cut to prove it works

adithorp - 26/8/08 at 04:09 PM

Mines an aftermarket immobiliser. If yours is a US loom then it won't have the built in immobiliser; Thats why people use US looms as far as I know.

F'/C' is switchable so could be UK spec'.

adrian

RickRick - 26/8/08 at 04:41 PM

i've got a uk loom with the immobalizer frigged somehow