Board logo

Ignition Amplifer
M HIGGS - 19/2/07 at 08:08 PM

Can anyone help with the wiring of my ignition amplifier , I am using a 2Lt pinto from an injection model the injection system is to be replaced with twin 40 webbers. The amplifier is a MOTORCRAFT 86FB 12A297-AA 7C248 the wires are as follows
BLUE / YELLOW BLUE / RED together BLACK / RED
BLACK
LIGHT GREEN
BROWN

The wires to the distributer are
BLACK
BROWN / WHITE
RED / BLACK
BROWN

The wires from the premier loom are
BLACK
LIGHT GREEN

The coil , distributer and amplifier are all off the doner I just need some advice on how to wire it all up , any advise would be great

VERTFELIX - 19/2/07 at 09:57 PM

bonsoir,

J'ai ça récupéré sur le net

James - 19/2/07 at 11:28 PM

Interesting reply that!

I know where that picture came from- me! I drew it, as proof it didn't work!

Anyway, check this post:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=18515&contribmessage=none

If you have the same setup as me then the final picture is the way to wire it up. 2000 miles says so.

HTH,
James

bob - 19/2/07 at 11:47 PM

who drew this oneImage deleted by owner

James - 19/2/07 at 11:52 PM

But I didn't post it as I don't fully know if M HIGGS has the same amp/dizzy as me! Didn't want to give him duff gen!

Cheers,
James

VERTFELIX - 20/2/07 at 07:21 AM

Désolé James!!!

Mais merci quand même, tu vois c'est utile

DarrenW - 20/2/07 at 10:33 AM

Does that translate to

"Perfect James,
many thanks indeed - you are truly a well hung man"??????

I cant help thinking the dizzy with 4 wires is the wrong type. Mine has 3.

James - 20/2/07 at 10:53 AM

Darren.... how did you know???

Bonjour,

Avez-vous pu courir votre moteur avec ce diagramme ?

Et quels amplier et distributeur avez-vous ?

Cheers,
James

I'm a whiz with Babel Fish!

[Edited on 20/2/07 by James]

bob - 20/2/07 at 12:46 PM

Yes darren is right, the dizzy i think is from the efi pinto. also the wire colurs do not match up with any of the bosch electronic dizzy info i have.

Shame as i have just sold the last one i had,they can be easily found on ebay or here though.

M HIGGS - 20/2/07 at 09:36 PM

thanks for all the replies have printed off some pictures will see if any work

DarrenW - 21/2/07 at 03:02 PM

The dizzy you want has 3 wires and a plug on the end. The dizzy with 4 connections and plug built in is hall effect and from later sierra - no good im afraid.

I bought a brand new dizzy for mine. Will be replacing with megajolt at some stage but not quite ready to sell off old ignition set up just yet.

I recently sold a complete used set up from a donor for £45 which was cheap. You may find another if you keep eyes open on ebay.

You may be lucky and get one from a scrappy. Get the dizzy, coil and amp from the one vehicle if poss. I did try and use an aftermarket amp (intermotor) but it failed after a short time, i swapped it for a used motorcraft and that one has been reliable.