Board logo

Luego Viento Questions
dirth - 14/3/18 at 11:08 AM

I assume that Luegos are no longer produced? That being the case ,Who does the biggest of the genre?
I don't suppose they'll be close to the 300mm length and 200mm width increase in size as the Luego is?

[Edited on 16/3/18 by dirth]

knight19770 - 14/3/18 at 12:14 PM

Hi, The larger of the Luego was the Viento, which i am in the middle of building. They have stopped trading, but Ben who was involved with them has a garage called Crosshill Garage up at Brechin in Tayside Scotland. He still supplies parts as i have been to see him a couple of times as he is along the road from me. Check his website, more in restorations now, but has some luego stuff on his site.

Charlie_Zetec - 14/3/18 at 01:41 PM

The other plans to consider are the McSorely +442 chassis - which as you can assume from the name is 4 inches longer, 4 inches wide, and 2 inches taller than a "standard" chassis (I think it was very similarly sized to the Viento).

This will mean you either have to weld it up yourself, or get someone to do it for you - and you will have issues sourcing GRP bodywork, so may have to consider ali panels.

907 - 14/3/18 at 03:54 PM

If your building a chassis you can build what you want. That's the advantage of a scratch build.

My own is 4" wider down the centre line, but still the same length and height. A plus 4.

I think the 4-4-2 still narrows down the standard size nose.

Paul G

dirth - 16/3/18 at 10:42 AM

Thanks for the replies,
I dug out the June 2003 Which Kit Mag, where the writer states it is 6 inches wider than say a Westfield.
I believe that to be wrong Scaling it using the 17 dia wheels as a datum,I'd go with 8 and 12 inches bigger ( I have to say it was a really poor article cliched and quite badly written IMO)

There was another XXL car years ago the Evolution(the one with the split screen) not the prettiest but had potential

kenton - 18/3/18 at 08:34 PM

Dirth, you have a u2u.