Board logo

Whels and this years regs..
swampy - 22/12/10 at 06:02 PM

Looking through the regs in the section about wheels it states that alloy wheels are allowed , as alloys can be 3 piece and the regs do not say that 3 piece are not allowed, nor does it state which type of alloy wheel construction is allowed and or not allowed , it is quite clear from a technical perspective that 3 piece alloys are allowed.
I am mentioning this as i have been told that somebody once turned up with 3 piece alloys and was turned away. I can not see how this can be justified . As i am after some new wheels and have found a supplier selling 3 piece wheels for only a little extra than other common wheels like compomotives i would like to give them a go.

Also nothing apart from wheel base is discussed as in track. I would take this to imply that the overall length of the cars wheel base must be as per the book, but as choice of wheel if alloy and to specific diameter and width then offset is free.
This would obviously increase the track while using standard book wishbones. I am sure this is correct.

Comments appreciated

alistairolsen - 22/12/10 at 11:03 PM

Where are you getting cheap splits?

Cheers

modee - 23/12/10 at 08:59 AM

Hi. I don't see any problems with using split rims but it's always best to email Robin ( 750mc@btconnect.com ) to get an official answer if you are unsure about any regs. Maurice.