fluidslvr - 5/7/11 at 09:33 PM

IVA pass at Nottingham today

great tester up there , very helpful great experience

off to the DVLA to get the paperwork sorted, hopefully on the road soon

cheers Dazz

franky - 5/7/11 at 09:36 PM

Well done, great test center there.

blakep82 - 5/7/11 at 09:41 PM

looks awesome, but confuses my little mind lol, i know the engine's in the back, but i couldn't work that exhaust out lol

wylliezx9r - 5/7/11 at 10:04 PM

Nice one, lovely looking, the e/hast running the wrong way is quirky

T66 - 5/7/11 at 10:44 PM

where did you get the rear wing from ? I wrongly assumed iva wouldnt like them....

Ps I once went out for a run with Martin in his Midi demo, and did consider A Midi build - He is barking mad

dlatch - 6/7/11 at 12:33 AM

can't get my head around the exhaust

apart from that minor issue it looks fantastic

fluidslvr - 6/7/11 at 04:48 AM

thanks for the comments

exhaust runs back to front (the wrong way so to speak) to help with the noise levels

rear wing was picked up off Ebay, no probs with it apart from
covering nearly every edge with trim

simonwinn - 6/7/11 at 06:04 AM

They are very small headlights, where did you get them from

jabbahutt - 6/7/11 at 06:48 AM

congratulations, cracking looking car.

adithorp - 6/7/11 at 07:30 AM

Nice one!

ashg - 6/7/11 at 09:40 AM

well done. what took so long between stoneleigh and now? it looked virtually finished at stonleigh. exhaust is certainly different

Irony - 6/7/11 at 10:32 AM

I think it looks really smart and awesome fun mate. I like the rear spoiler and the rear lights. The headlights look awesome as well. To be honest I didn't notice the crazy exhaust at first but it does make me grin.

stevegough - 6/7/11 at 10:38 AM

Very well done - cracking looking car, just that little bit different - was this a first time pass or were you on a retest?

I would worry about the exhaust fumes being sucked into the cab area with that layout, but otherwise there is really no law of physics which says 'exhaust fumes must travel front to back' ?

b14wrc - 6/7/11 at 11:43 AM

Hey,

Well done on the IVA pass.

I love the Exhaust, you have inspired me to do a similar thing. I was trying to figure out how to pipe my exhaust out the back, the turbo sits right against the bulkhead and to go under the engine and fit a cat, humm space might be tight. I have mentioned in the past i am building a midi, but want it to remain as close looking to a normal 7 or locost as it can. Meaning i want a short rear end. The exhaust silencer mounted on the back means extra body work to think about.

Added bonus with the exhaust at the front, you will see the flames spit out on gear change when you beasting it around! Childish some may say.... but i think adds to the driving experience!

Good work!

fluidslvr - 6/7/11 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg
well done. what took so long between stoneleigh and now? it looked virtually finished at stonleigh. exhaust is certainly different

had to sort Power Commander, check the emissions and few issues to get to the test.

fluidslvr - 6/7/11 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
Very well done - cracking looking car, just that little bit different - was this a first time pass or were you on a retest?

On a retest, failed on handbrake, speedo calibration, drivers wing mirror and edges on the rear wing...

eddie99 - 6/7/11 at 09:23 PM

Looking like a really nice finished car. Well done

Irony - 7/7/11 at 08:02 AM

Nice head lights, where did you get them from?

fluidslvr - 8/7/11 at 07:54 AM

Many thanks for the comments

Lights are from Russbost on here

dazzx10r - 8/7/11 at 06:48 PM

Excellent news mate, glad you've finally got there. Now you can come and have a look around mine and give me a few pointers! Well done mate.

fluidslvr - 9/7/11 at 10:40 PM

Cheers mate
No worries ill give you a shout when im up your way