Board logo

New Registration
MikeFellows - 13/7/12 at 08:39 PM

I have been heading down the route of getting a shiny new registration, but think I might have misunderstood

my understanding was that all parts had to be new/refurbished except 1 component

having re read it appears is all parts had to be new except 1 refurbished component

my plan had been to refurb or buy new where possible and to that I have 2 doners if you like

Sierra front uprights - fully refurbed including shot blasting
Sierra front hubs - fully refurbed including shot blasting
Sierra rear hubs - fully refurbed and shot blasted
Sierra Prop - modified so I believe technically new
Sierra Diff - shot blasted and painted (looks new )
Sierra Steering Rack - modified so again I believe technically new
Sierra Steering Column - modified as above

Suzuki Hayabusa Engine

so I presumed that I could use the engine as the 1 component and the fact I had refurbished everything, every serviceable item on everything from the sierra has been replaced. somethings like the sierra calipers I bought brand new, and the rear bearing carriers I got some nice alu ones

in my eyes that fit the criteria but im not so sure now?

loggyboy - 13/7/12 at 08:48 PM

Its all about recipets, thats pretty much all the DVLA will look at. You need to prove they are new, and the 1 part that is recon'd to 'as new'.

Amazing what excel and some photocopying can produce

Coopz - 13/7/12 at 08:51 PM

You will almost certainly be allocated a Q plate not a new registration, as you don't meet the criteria! But it's only a number get it on the road and enjoy!

MikeFellows - 13/7/12 at 09:04 PM

so just to confirm a bit more

its not decided at my IVA test, its decided afterward when i goto the DVLA?

stevegough - 13/7/12 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeFellows
so just to confirm a bit more

its not decided at my IVA test, its decided afterward when i goto the DVLA?

Correct. (well nearly - its decided about two months after you take the stuff in to the DVLA)

(actually, they were very good with mine - took less than a week, but a lot of others had to wait MONTHS)