Board logo

Warning lights
Jenko - 23/8/16 at 11:18 AM

Question re warning lights....

the indicators, do you have to have two lights (i.e. 1 for left and 1 for right), or can a single light with two arrows go through IVA.

Charlie_Zetec - 23/8/16 at 12:03 PM

Following this thread! I know the Bright 6 light display is IVA compliant, which has individual arrows on it, but I've got an ITB DigiDash which only has a single light on it. I've seen people pass IVA with it fitted, but not sure if they've used additional lamps? I presume the Hazard switch would also power the single light on the DD??

Jamesc - 23/8/16 at 12:03 PM

Mine went through with a single one on the ETB Digidash 2, so I assume 1 is OK as long as it is labelled with both left and right arrows.

ETA: Yes, hazard makes the same individual light flash, but I also had a light on the hazard switch.

[Edited on 23/8/16 by Jamesc]

adithorp - 23/8/16 at 12:20 PM

Only requires one light for both indicators

gremlin1234 - 23/8/16 at 01:05 PM

its quite normal just to have one dash light for the indicators, however you also need a 'tell tail' for the hazards (unless you can see your own front indicators!)
you could alternatively use a buzzer for the indicators, and the light for hazards

its also possible to have separate left and right dash lights, and they both flash together when using hazards.

loggyboy - 23/8/16 at 01:49 PM

If you can see your indicators from the drivers seat you dont even need the warning lamp.