Board logo

Wiring for repeater flashers in front mudguards.
emwmarine - 7/4/18 at 01:49 PM

I am going to put my repeater flashers on my front mudguards as many people on here seem to.

The question I have is the wiring along the top wishbone from the car to the mudguard.

These are my plans. Are they ok?

1) I don't want to drill holes in my wishbones and feed the wires through them.
2) I was thinking of leading the flasher wires from the car to the mudguard along the top wishbone.
3) I would put the wire in convoluted sleeving protection and then wrap spiral binding around the wishbone and convoluted sleeving. When the wiring gets to the underside of the front mudguard I aws thinking of fibreglassing over the convulted trunking.

would that be IVA acceptable??

muchos gracias for any comments

p.s; people might have seen that I was going to sell my unfinished Dax but I got a sense of commercial realism which has given me renewed enthusiasm

gremlin1234 - 7/4/18 at 02:01 PM

what route do the brake flexys take? maybe run alongside those.

40inches - 7/4/18 at 03:53 PM

It would be much easier to fit them to the rear guards?

CosKev3 - 7/4/18 at 04:36 PM

No way do you want to drill into your wishbones!

I used tiger seal on mine to hold the wiring up inside the cycle wing,neater than fibreglass and black so matched inside of wing

johnH20 - 8/4/18 at 12:33 PM

I used double insulated ( flat ) cable on the back side of the wishbone ( stone protection ) secured with zip ties. Used Sikaflex to secure beneath mudguard ( thick coating over cable again for stone protection ). IVA pass no questions.

rodgling - 8/4/18 at 07:08 PM

I've done something similar. Wires are cable-tied to the top wishbone (on the rear side to protect from stones, but not otherwise covered). Then through some convoluted tube which is fibre-glassed to the underside of the cycle wing. No issues at all. I do recommend putting a plug in where they go into the cycle wing, so that if (when) your cycle wing bracket fails, you can remove it easily.