Board logo

Iva recorded data
on_eighty_runner - 5/7/18 at 05:45 PM

As I understand the v5c for kitcars does not record the co2 figures as these are not tested during the IVA.

Is any information on the engine fitted at the time of IVA:
make
model
number
cc
Recorded on the IVA cert or the v5c.

If an engine is changed after IVA is there any record of the engine originally fitted?

Thanks

Knockout - 6/7/18 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

I passed the IVA a few days back and just the engine number and cc were recorded on the IVA cert.

As part of the registration process though, you have to fill out the Built Up Vehicle Report (V627/1) which requires the engine number and engine make.

Emissions aren't formally quantified as far as I can tell, they just have to meet to applicable standard during the IVA.

Hope that helps.

Knockout

40inches - 6/7/18 at 02:22 PM

Emissions are noted on V5c

pekwah1 - 20/12/19 at 03:53 PM

Hi,

I got my striker through IVA a couple of years ago.
It's on a Q plate with a 2000 zetec, the emissions figures are stated on the V5 at the bottom of the front page.

These will be your emissions to be tested at for life regardless of any engine change.

40inches - 20/12/19 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
Hi,

I got my striker through IVA a couple of years ago.
It's on a Q plate with a 2000 zetec, the emissions figures are stated on the V5 at the bottom of the front page.

These will be your emissions to be tested at for life regardless of any engine change.

As far as I am aware, Q plates are still smoke only, as stated in the latest MOT manual?