Board logo

Protech Shock Damper Leak
hearnia - 12/8/09 at 08:47 PM

Just put my MK Indy through its first MOT.

It failed because the drivers side front coilover was leaking slightly from the top, I guess this has happened where it has sat over Winter and the seal has perished.

Has anyone repaired one of these or know of anywhere that does? If not how much for a replacement unit and where do I get one?

I've tried emailing the company direct via their website, but have had no response.

I'm keen to get on before my 10 day free retest period is up!

Cheers,

Joe

tegwin - 12/8/09 at 08:51 PM

Protech are well known for not answering emails...

If you dust off the telephone and give them a ring... they are always exceptionally helpful

hearnia - 12/8/09 at 08:53 PM

I think I may have lost the power of speech since this internet thing came about...

I shall give them a call on the 'telephone' tomorrow.

Cheers,

Joe

tegwin - 12/8/09 at 09:23 PM

Tell me about it.... I find myself emailing the people in my office rather than just talking to them......HAHAHAAA

02GF74 - 13/8/09 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Tell me about it.... I find myself emailing the people in my office rather than just talking to them......HAHAHAAA

you are less likely to catch swine flu that way plus some people stink.

hearnia - 13/8/09 at 04:57 PM

Contacted Protech via telephone!

As others have said, very friendly, helpful chap on the phone, told me the neck seal probably needed replacing.

All I have to do it take it off, send it to them and they will repair for £25 - £30. 10 minute job with next day turnaround apparently!

I like it when problems are easily fixed!

Cheers,

Joe