Board logo

Urgent - pro race 1.2 Centre bore with Sierra hubs
OliilO - 15/7/17 at 09:21 AM

I'm due out in my car today and need to get a new Set of wheels on.

I've got some new pro race 1.2s in 13 to replace my old 15s. These new ones seem to be a direct centre bore and don't fit onto the rear hub despite them fitting the fronts. Any ideas?

Is there done difference in required Centre bore size between front and rear? It doesn't seem much of a difference.

mcerd1 - 15/7/17 at 09:26 AM

Should be 63.4mm front and back

CosKev3 - 15/7/17 at 10:10 AM

Has someone damaged the ends with a hammer?

Seen that before where it's slightly 'rolled' from a hammer.

Try putting a flap disc on the hub and see if it's flat

Dick - 15/7/17 at 10:51 AM

Could check to make sure that you dont have an old spigot ring stuck on the hub have seen this more than once

Minicooper - 15/7/17 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dick
Could check to make sure that you dont have an old spigot ring stuck on the hub have seen this more than once

My 15" Pro Race wheels definitely had plastic spigot rings to fit to the sierra hubs

David

OliilO - 15/7/17 at 02:59 PM

Fortunately the car passed its MOT with the old wheels and tyres, so that is one less potential problem.

Despite being advertised as around 70 something bore with spigot rings supplied but they appear to be direct bore at presumably 63.4. I need to measure both them and the car.

I've tried a flap wheel which helped slightly and there is definitely nothing stuck to the hub. I think my options will be to either try and return them if they are incorrect or get a tiny bit turned off the hub, which might well be the easier option

mcerd1 - 15/7/17 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by OliilO
...or get a tiny bit turned off the hub, which might well be the easier option

That will just make it more difficult in future to get any other wheels to fit the car

However you can get the wheels machined to the correct size instead

loggyboy - 15/7/17 at 10:45 PM

Most likely the wheels are fitted with alloy spigots that have fused on to the alloy. Give them a good lubing amd a whack and should knock out revealing the 73mm centrebore most TD wheels have from the factory.

OliilO - 16/7/17 at 09:57 AM

No, they're brand new and definitely direct bore.

I've measure them now and they are 63.4, so just a tight fit. I've got one fitted by running a flap wheel round the wheel bore as well as the hub.