Board logo

guide to geometery set up
locosaki - 18/4/08 at 09:19 PM

Hi all,

I have almost got my car complete after a winter revamp !!

I have had the front end stripped for powder coating wishbones etc,Is there a basic setup for camber,toe and ride height etc ??

It's a locost with a zx10 engine using cortina uprights and a capri live axle,any info to get me moving again would be ideal..

Cheers Mike

twybrow - 18/4/08 at 10:01 PM

I am keen to here the replies here too. I have the same setup (although not a ZX10!).

RazMan - 18/4/08 at 11:42 PM

You need a fraction of toe in ideally (0.5 deg) and I posted this thread a while back to set it up accurately and cheaply.

Your ride height is normally set so the driveshafts are parallel with the ground and then set the front about 10-20mm lower.

I'll check the camber in a mo.

[Edited on 18-4-08 by RazMan]

higgsti - 19/4/08 at 10:50 AM

i have a setup sheet for westfiled bike engine car range if your interested

worX - 19/4/08 at 11:22 AM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=86762

locosaki - 20/4/08 at 05:20 PM

Cheers guys,I will have a go a setting this myself,excellent info on the setting up tools !!!

locosaki - 21/4/08 at 07:54 PM

I have been out at the car today,When setting up the ride height the lowest I could get the front end down to was 150mm(from floor to bottom of side panel)

The car orginally had X flow lump in it,Am I right in saying the the springs are the wrong rating for the car if I cannot getting the ride height down ????

RazMan - 21/4/08 at 10:11 PM

Certainly looks that way - you just shed a lot of weight so the springs will probably be too hard.

Not sure which rating you need but I am sure a BEC guru will be along shortly