Board logo

Self contained digital dash options
locoboy - 11/5/11 at 12:24 PM

Hi folks,
I have a friend who has a kit car that has been on the road for many years now and is due a spruce up in the dashboard department.
It's been a while since I was building and was up to speed with what my options were regarding digital dash set ups so I found myself unable to offer advice to him last night.

Things on note regarding his car would be that it is a car engine, 4 cylinder with twin webber and electronic ignition.

Can anyone advise on what options are currently available for a reasonable dash system?

Budget wise he was looking around the £100-£150

Thanks
Col

Shandylegs - 11/5/11 at 12:55 PM

A couple of years ago I had no problem fitting an Acewell digidash and at that point it was certainly within your price range. Did everything I needed it to and avoided having to have extra wanring lights etc..

I don't know if it's still the case but Russ from this site (Someone will provide you with his proper user name - F1 type car) used to be able to supply them.

40inches - 11/5/11 at 01:11 PM

+1

nitram38 - 11/5/11 at 01:36 PM

Russ Bost is who you need to talk too

pekwah1 - 11/5/11 at 02:17 PM

just ordered the new 7 series acewell dash off russbost, gave me a good price too!
have a look on acewell's website, it's a very neat little unit!

whitestu - 11/5/11 at 03:41 PM

+1 - very pleased with my Acewell.

RazMan - 11/5/11 at 05:38 PM

The Acewell 7 series is a much larger dash than the motorbike versions and much more suited to a car - I would have a look.

iank - 11/5/11 at 06:27 PM

Russ Bost's site
http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/