Board logo

T7 design compact heater
40inches - 18/2/20 at 12:23 PM

Has anyone fitted one of these, are they any good?

Mr Whippy - 18/2/20 at 12:37 PM

I bought the fan if that's any help

Well made and powerful, had the speed resistors built in so that was nice, so only needed a multi position switch, I have a spare now transit heater resister if anyone wants one...?

lsdweb - 18/2/20 at 03:08 PM

I had one fitted in my sprint / hillclimb MGZR - it was the simple one and plumbed into the windscreen vents only. It did a good job of demisting (despite the amount of water that leaked in to that thing!) . Not much use for heating the car. I'll be looking to buy another one for the current car.

Wyn

Badger_McLetcher - 18/2/20 at 08:55 PM

Got one in mine just for windscreen; haven't used it in anger yet, but it seems to do a pretty fair job of blowing hot air!

femster87 - 18/2/20 at 09:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches

Make one, it is a pc cooling fan radiator, I 3d printed all the rest of the gubbing on mine. I got some ridiculously powerful case fans and stuck it all together. works fine

40inches - 18/2/20 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by femster87
quote:

Make one, it is a pc cooling fan radiator, I 3d printed all the rest of the gubbing on mine. I got some ridiculously powerful case fans and stuck it all together. works fine

Mmm! I have a redundant PC radiator and a 120mm high output fan somewhere.I'll have a look around the garage.
Thanks Femi

ken555 - 18/2/20 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by femster87
quote:

Ex Dell server fan and a PC radiator was the way I went also.

If you look at the pictures carefully, you can see the model number on it.

lsdweb - 20/2/20 at 04:08 PM

Ken. Could you post that photo in another way please as I can't see it on Photobucket. Thanks.

Wyn

ken555 - 20/2/20 at 05:56 PM

try this

[Edited on 20-2-20 by ken555]

lsdweb - 20/2/20 at 10:00 PM

Thanks!