Board logo

Fibreglass seats?
Half Finished - 11/4/21 at 07:46 PM

Any recommendations for fibreglass seats for a Haynes roadster? It's mx5 based so the tunnel is slightly wider at the back.
There are various suppliers on eBay and MK sell a few variations. Or does anyone have a set they want to sell?

Mr Whippy - 11/4/21 at 09:09 PM

I have the MK highback ones. They are extremely comfortable however at the hips they are snug and my waste is 36 inches, so wearing a heavy jacket may be a bit of a struggle. Also the finish of the rear of the seat is somewhat rough so I brush painted that as that area on a 7 is very visible and now looks nice. Overall finish as supplied was average, good for the money but not perfect. If I had more money I would buy better but it would cost a lot more.

ianhurley20 - 13/4/21 at 07:30 AM

I put two rear seats from a Renault Scenic, very comfortable and fitted really well as well as costing almost nothing (£15 I think) removed all the sliding/tipping bits and bolted down to floor. I used the outer, wider seats others have used the narrower center seat but then you need to find two matching sets