Board logo

GTS, how NOT to run a company!!!
FlansS14 - 18/6/07 at 04:22 PM

a) Give out 3 Numbers and never answer any of them with or without a withheld number

b) give out an E-mail address they never reply too....

Bunch of Monkeys im so pissed off and will be driving down there this week to snatch back stuff to the value im owed!!!

can someone confirm they havn't gone tits up, i wanna beat the bailifs to it..

not a happy bunny!!

rant over

Howlor - 18/6/07 at 04:23 PM

Popcorn anyone?!

stevec - 18/6/07 at 04:25 PM

I'll have a large bag

flak monkey - 18/6/07 at 04:26 PM

Bugger it, I dont give a crap any more, its old news *yawn*

Look back over old posts. Rather than ranting on here, take some action to sort it out.

andyharding - 18/6/07 at 04:26 PM

Heeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee we go again

P.S. this is no where near as entertaining now Calvinx has switched teams

[Edited on 18/6/07 by andyharding]

nick205 - 18/6/07 at 04:35 PM

Another installment of GTS flavoured entertainment clogging up this forum

If you have a grieveance certainly go and see them, but probably best not to post what could be taken as threatening sentiments on this (or any) public forum first

graememk - 18/6/07 at 04:38 PM

the thing is you must of known this was going to happen, theres been enough news on here about it.

how ever i think you will get your parts and when you get them they will be good quality.

Its more that fact that darren isnt able to comunicate with people.

my advice is be polite write a letter letting them know that on XX of the XX you will be taking the day off to either collect your parts or a full refund on your money. make sure its a sign for letter.

EDIT

just for a laugh i've tried to call them to see if they do answer........... land line disconected, mobile rang out to answer machine.

darren just be honest with your customers, cash flow is tight you'll find most people are happy to help if you let them know.

[Edited on 18/6/07 by graememk]

andyharding - 18/6/07 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx

Well Bu**er me with a loofah

You're into some freaky poo right there. Maybe you and Flak should get a room?

russbost - 18/6/07 at 04:50 PM

"Well Bu**er me with a loofah
"
Dangerous comment, I think someone may take you up on that!!!!!!!

BKLOCO - 18/6/07 at 04:55 PM

I ain't sayin a word

Don't want to be threatened with physical violence again

Still quaking in me boots from what ever88 said

Hey I've got an idea......
Perhaps chris could start a new forum.....
He could call it:

WASTE OF EVERYONES TIME. FOR RANTING BY P1SSED OFF CUSTOMERS

TGR-ECOSSE - 18/6/07 at 04:58 PM

Who wanted a loofah???

GTS do respond to emails this is one i got in september last year. Have never heard from them since though
Hi Ronnie,

These are stock items, and can be with you in a few days. We can provide you with the tubing for £1.50 per wishbone.

Kind regards,

Darren

nludkin - 18/6/07 at 04:59 PM

Anyone up for a donating? Would save hours of our lives!! Link

andyharding - 18/6/07 at 05:02 PM

I've given Darren a "training course" over the phone. Made feck all difference!

omega 24 v6 - 18/6/07 at 05:02 PM

quote:

Well Bu**er me with a loofah

OLi should have done that at the weekend it'd stop the farting for a while

nick baker - 18/6/07 at 05:11 PM

Never seen a GTS rant before.. but am glad to know I'm not the only one to draw silence.

I inquired about Shocks a long time ago.. and also inquired about the £1 Ticket for win a car.... the purchase of which promised to instantly yield a ticket number... yeah right.

And then.. found myself bombarded with Adverts.

*goes to get salt for the popcorn*

Ivan - 18/6/07 at 05:19 PM

"Butter me with a loofa" - Kinky

zxrlocost - 18/6/07 at 05:20 PM

as said before people keep buying off him though hes laughing all the way to the ££££

nick205 - 18/6/07 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nludkin
Anyone up for a donating? Would save hours of our lives!! Link

Classic

Customer Service Training Course (1 day)
Who is this course aimed at?

Anyone working in a customer-facing position who needs to improve their skills and learn how to handle customers in a more effective way. This course can be booked as an open course from our course schedule at our Bristol training premises, or we can provide this as an inhouse tailored course. Contact us on 01454 203430 for more details on this.

Prerequisites

None, although it would be helpful if you have had experience of dealing with customers previously.

Course content

Customer service basics
Customers
The service culture

Customer service skills
Organisation skills
Communication factors
Personal motivation

Greeting customers
Greeting overview
Phone and e-mail messages
Rapport and how to build it

Listening and questioning
Developing listening skills to ensure the customer gets heard
Making sure you understand the customer - using questioning

Responding
Responding to customers
Resetting expectations
Working toward solutions and resolving issues

Resolving issues
Customer appreciation
Follow-up techniques

Using what you've learned
The implementation phase
Resources and tools

thunderace - 18/6/07 at 05:33 PM

Darren,
see him at a show and ask him to sort it like a man it worked for me never seen a guy pay someone back so fast in my life but im am a a big guy to mess with lol.
think he wet his pants he and he did started shaking lol

arrybradbury - 18/6/07 at 05:46 PM

Anyone close fancy snatching some stuff tomorrow....."It was FlansS16 officer":p

Joking aside, maybe just going up there and talking to someone rather than snatching things back may work......

matt.c - 18/6/07 at 05:58 PM

Oh dear

And FLAK, dont get involved!! Its not your problem!

CaLviNx, That one of the funniest Avatars i have seen in ages

TGR-ECOSSE - 18/6/07 at 06:00 PM

CaLviNx could you maybe change you avatar? The wifes just looked over my shoulder and asked if i am going wierd. At least with Flak Monkeys avatars she thought i was just an old perv

What was this post about again???

[Edited on 18/6/07 by TGR-ECOSSE]

TGR-ECOSSE - 18/6/07 at 06:06 PM

i will leave it up for now, but it will come down.

Oh Errr HELP

stevec - 18/6/07 at 06:34 PM

Leave it on. Its good to put a face to a name.
Steve,

andyharding - 18/6/07 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevec
Steve,

10/10 to that man

Hellfire - 18/6/07 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Steve,

ROFL. Just as well he wasn't smoking a cigar.

Phil

graememk - 18/6/07 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Steve,

PMSL

spw1970 - 18/6/07 at 08:26 PM

>>>quote

GTS, how NOT to run a company!!!

a) Give out 3 Numbers and never answer any of them with or without a withheld number

b) give out an E-mail address they never reply too....

Bunch of Monkeys im so pissed off and will be driving down there this week to snatch back stuff to the value im owed!!!

can someone confirm they havn't gone tits up, i wanna beat the bailifs to it..

not a happy bunny!!

rant over

I support you all the way! Taking money and not supplying goods is what is known as theft as far as I'm concerned.

A month ago I was so impressed with the look of the GTS Panther I had transferred the cash into my current account ready to place an order.

Thank God I read this forum first. People waiting literally YEARS for their orders to be completed, no contact, calls blanked, recorded delivery letter returned to sender.......

Well, I have just placed an order for over £5000 with another supplier who actually DID answer the phone, DID call me back and DID have a happy customer base.

GTS??? Watch the listings under 'Insolvency Act'

Surely it's just a matter of time.........

takumi - 18/6/07 at 09:15 PM

I'm about to be ordering a DeDion for my book chassis to take the sierra running gear....

I'm absolutely terrified about placing an order with GTS now..

>They are offering free delivery on orders over £200.. which now seems like a last ditch attemp at attracting those last few £££ of income before jumping in the lifeboat and leaving the ship to sink...

Where else can I find a sierra width DeDion for the book chassis...? :S help..

fesycresy - 18/6/07 at 09:17 PM

Doesn't 'jroberts' on the forum sell them ?

nick205 - 18/6/07 at 09:29 PM

I'm sure Martin Keenan would be able to make one for you...

http://www.mkdevelopments.co.uk/

BKLOCO - 18/6/07 at 10:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by takumi
I'm about to be ordering a DeDion for my book chassis to take the sierra running gear....

>They are offering free delivery on orders over £200.. which now seems like a last ditch attempt at attracting those last few £££ of income before jumping in the lifeboat and leaving the ship to sink...

Although I obviously cannot guarantee it I don't think GTS are about to go belly up.
I have it on good authority that last month was a very good trading month for them.
I'm sure you will get your axle if you order it and agree a delivery date.
I was in the workshop last week and personally witnessed the jig building of Mcbeast's wide chassis.
I have myself placed an order for about £250 worth of bodywork and mechanicals.
I think your safe....
There has been a lot of sh1t talked on here recently by some very impatient people who do not understand the nature and structure of the kit industry.
Darren at GTS is not a saint and he does have some shortcomings but his products are second to none and are very reasonably priced.
I can say no more...

FlansS14 - 19/6/07 at 10:01 AM

BKLOCO, You have a very good point and to be honest i would be willing to wait for these items as i have no doubt they will be top quality.

BUT if there gonna be 6 weeks SAY 6weeks and don't lie or fob people off saying two weeks OR what my answer was

I sent the pair out but one got damaged!!

so if i go down there there should be 1white seat and one damaged one...

A little answer or reply would prevent sooooooooooooo many pi$$ed off people

plus when you ring his Mobile he cancels the call......

how did GTS ever get so big with people like this behind it!! its a great product and making good money so re-hire that bloody secretary, or more people!!

Its good to talk

robertst - 20/6/07 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by takumi

dont! just dont.

make up the courage and build yourself one... i had to do this the hard way...

dhollin3 - 20/6/07 at 11:52 AM

If you are going to buy anything from GTS then make sure you are only a short drive away so that you can pop down if there is a problem. I learnt the hard way!!!

dern - 24/6/07 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey

Look back over old posts. Rather than ranting on here, take some action to sort it out.
The only thing that does get irritatingly boring is this kind of post where people are dismissive of others problems just because they've heard it all before and all the usual popcorn posts. If you're not interested don't bother posting because, having been in this situation myself, it very much feels like there's a load of old boys kicking around being dismissive of the problems the OP has. From his perspective these issues *are* very real. Yes they could have done more research but this is a locost forum for people who are to raise issues and look for support and frankly, imo, that's a more appropriate kind of response. Suggesting that people don't post on here isn't supporting them in the slightest, doesn't give people an up to date view of how GTS is doing and won't give Darren any kind of incentive to improve matters (not that I think he's capable after all this time).

Regards,

Mark

flak monkey - 24/6/07 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dern
quote:

The only thing that does get irritatingly boring is this kind of post where people are dismissive of others problems just because they've heard it all before and all the usual popcorn posts. If you're not interested don't bother posting because, having been in this situation myself, it very much feels like there's a load of old boys kicking around being dismissive of the problems the OP has. From his perspective these issues *are* very real. Yes they could have done more research but this is a locost forum for people who are to raise issues and look for support and frankly, imo, that's a more appropriate kind of response. Suggesting that people don't post on here isn't supporting them in the slightest, doesn't give people an up to date view of how GTS is doing and won't give Darren any kind of incentive to improve matters (not that I think he's capable after all this time).

Regards,

Mark

I never said he didnt have a problem, and quite believe that he does. But the post doesnt help in anyway to resolve the matter. All the advice has been posted before, and its just not worth repeating any more.

From now on I am not entering into discussions regarding GTS delivery problems, unless I am provoked into, as its all been covered before and quite frankly I have had enough of it.

scotmac - 3/7/07 at 02:31 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dern
quote:

Regards,

Mark

I never said he didnt have a problem, and quite believe that he does. But the post doesnt help in anyway to resolve the matter. All the advice has been posted before, and its just not worth repeating any more.

From now on I am not entering into discussions regarding GTS delivery problems, unless I am provoked into, as its all been covered before and quite frankly I have had enough of it.

Fine, if you have had enough, then stay out. However, whether GTS/Darren is getting better or not w/ "customer service", whether their communication is getting better, whether he is about to got tits-up, ... are relevant issues for this forum, and should be discussed.

In fact, despite all the warning, i just purchased some duratec engine mounts from him. The ONLY other vendor for them that i knew of, raceline, actually pointed me to GTS. Not much choice.

Now, after making the purchase, i get an immediate automated response that they are processing the order. I shoot back a response discussing the shipping (to the US), and get another automated response saying that they will respond in 6 hours (surprising claim...but great to have goals). However, i also got back a "smtp" failure notice on the reply. So, my main question is, is GTS still functioning (land line down, email possibly down, ...)? Should i be worried? I will definitely give them some time, assuming they are still operating, but want to know if they are not, in case i need to immediately start credit card reversal.

Thanks, -Scot

FlansS14 - 3/7/07 at 03:31 PM

Right!!

I went down to GTS today to find out where the f*ck my stuff was, walked in and they were nice as pie!. My seats were there, and the cable and the other bits

Apparently they have had allot of problems on the delivery drivers breaking the seats so working on a new "box" for them but there are allot of seats waiting there to be sent out (if there are people reading this waiting)

the product looks great and the price is spot on, just a shame i had to drive down there thinking they have gone tits up.

as far as i can see they are going strong just very very busy which is understandable but just LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT!!!!!

well its kinda cheared me up although £20 in fuel that i will never see again but oh well.

Stuart

scotmac - 4/7/07 at 07:30 AM

Hmmmm...glad it worked for you, but i don't think a trip over there is really an option for me.

I just sent another email, and this one didn't bounce, which is a good sign. Haven't got a reply yet, though (guess they are still struggling w/ that "6-hour" response goal).

scotmac - 7/7/07 at 05:48 AM

Yep, that "6-hour" response goal appears to still be a big challenge for Darren. Still no response after 4-days.

FlansS14 - 10/7/07 at 11:53 AM

Just keep calling them, they guy that works there (not sure his name) can't answer the phone while he's making stuff, otherwise the catalist will go off. but if you call every 10mins you gotta get hold of them.

i think they should get a portable phone..