Board logo

Cavapoo puppies for sale
Davegtst - 24/11/10 at 10:30 AM

Our puppies will be ready to go just before Christmas (they weren't breed for christmas btw, it was a bit of an accident). The mum is the cavalier king charles spaniel and the dad is the brown minature poodle. Both parents are our very spoiled pets. We will be keeping one but the other three have to go (the missus is trying everything to keep them all). All been vet checked and de wormed. We are looking for £650 each.

carpmart - 24/11/10 at 10:34 AM

They are just SOOO cute!

Remember folks, a dog is a 10 year + commitment! Don't get drawn in to Christmas gifts!

BenB - 24/11/10 at 10:38 AM

Aren't they Poodaliers?
It's a shame one didn't have straight hair on it's body and a massive poodle afro!

Davegtst - 24/11/10 at 10:41 AM

Definatly agree with that. It's a bit of a shame they were born when they were, people might think they are just for Christmas which they most definatly were not. They are also very humanised already and love cuddles.

MikeFellows - 24/11/10 at 10:56 AM

sorry to hijack

but having been burgled a couple of week ago, we got this little fella last weekend.

hes 10 weeks old tomorrow and hes growing rapidly

carpmart - 24/11/10 at 11:03 AM

I have a feeling this may turn into a 'beautiful' dogie thread very quickly!

BenB - 24/11/10 at 11:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by carpmart

I think a beautiful dogie thread could quickly turn NSFW

carpmart - 24/11/10 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
quote:

I think a beautiful dogie thread could quickly turn NSFW

scootz - 24/11/10 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeFellows
sorry to hijack

but having been burgled a couple of week ago, we got this little fella last weekend.

hes 10 weeks old tomorrow and hes growing rapidly

Cuuuuuuuuuuute!

Davegtst - 24/11/10 at 11:25 AM

speedyxjs - 24/11/10 at 11:44 AM

I want one just not sure how our current dog would react

Macbeast - 24/11/10 at 12:07 PM

£ 650 is alot of money for a mongrel. In fact, it's a lot of money when there are hndreds of animals in rescue centres.

omega 24 v6 - 24/11/10 at 12:31 PM

Have to agree with macbeast I'm afraid. A mongrel used to be for free ( Sorry but it's true). Cavadoodles labradoodles etc is just clever marketing to the masses IMHO and £ 650 is about twice the price of a pedigree Lab up here.

BUT I did always want to cross a bulldog and a shitzu

Anyway they are very cute and the best of luck in your quest ti find them loving homes.

Peteff - 24/11/10 at 01:02 PM

The Rottweiler just reawakened our nightmare we had with a neighbour who had five of them. They were threatening us every time we went out and in the end we had the police out and he was arrested when one went over the wall and bit the owner of the land at the bottom of his garden. Four of the dogs set on one of the others and killed it while he was out, he has gone now but it still haunts us when out in the garden. This is what I was faced with in my garden and he blamed us for being out there and annoying the dogs.

scudderfish - 24/11/10 at 01:07 PM

£1950 potential makes it a very happy accident.

SPYDER - 24/11/10 at 02:19 PM

I would be interested to hear how the OP justifies his valuation.
£650 for a crossbreed.
They are cute, however.
Just not £650 cute.

adithorp - 24/11/10 at 03:16 PM

Supply and demand.

sevaun - 24/11/10 at 03:16 PM

If they weren't bred for Chrstmas why not hold them back until the new year and prevent even more unwanted gifts hitting the streetsjavascript:icon(''
BTW I agree £650 for a mongy seems OTT. Our Jack Russell Beagle cross(what would that make him?) came from White Rose Dog Rescue and we donated £125 to the cause

adithorp - 24/11/10 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sevaun
Jack Russell Beagle cross(what would that make him?)

Bad tempered with good endurance?

MikeRJ - 24/11/10 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sevaun
Our Jack Russell Beagle cross(what would that make him?)
]

Either a Back Reagle or a Jeagle Brussell I suppose

Davegtst - 24/11/10 at 04:55 PM

£650 is alot of money but that seems to be the going rate where i am. We also had to pay an extremly large vet bill as we were away when they were born. Why would i sell them for less if people are prepared to pay that sort of money. Why would i keep them until after christmas when they will be exactly 8 weeks old on christmas eve and perfectly old enough to leave.
Whats up with you lot? i don't go posting on other peoples for sale threads asking for a justification of the price or questioning the reason of sale.

carpmart - 24/11/10 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
£650 is alot of money but that seems to be the going rate where i am. We also had to pay an extremly large vet bill as we were away when they were born. Why would i sell them for less if people are prepared to pay that sort of money. Why would i keep them until after christmas when they will be exactly 8 weeks old on christmas eve and perfectly old enough to leave.
Whats up with you lot? i don't go posting on other peoples for sale threads asking for a justification of the price or questioning the reason of sale.

The thread is all about cute little puppies which seems to stir people up a bit!

In all seriousness, you should not let the puppies leave until after Christmas for a number of reasons including stopping them being purchased for the wrong reasons. Aside from this, the most important thing has to be the dog and the new owners need to be 100% focused on integrating the new chap or chapess into their new home. To my mind that simply can't done over Christmas. There is just too much going on to let a new animal into a house as there will be no 'normal' things going on and no routine, which as us dog owners know is what a new puppy needs most when it leaves mum!

I have no comment on the price as its your for sale thread end of story! As with everything, if that is what they are worth, then so be it!

zilspeed - 24/11/10 at 06:24 PM

Ok.

I think I might have a winning pic in the cute puppy combination.

I give you Jackson and his friend Davy.

I'll let you work out which one is which.

This is not the dog's owner incidentally. Just keeping him warm in the workshop one night.
Jackson is 50 % Jack Russell, 50% Lhassa Apso. (Don't know about the dog, boom boom.
Coincidentally, his mother has been a naughty girl again, and his father was the miscreant on this occasion too, so a fresh batch of Jacksons have been hatched. Ready for new homes just after Christmas.

Jackson
Jackson

flak monkey - 24/11/10 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst

Its getting more and more common that people do this and it is very annoying when it happens. If you feel thats what they are worth, then thats fine.

Good luck with the sale.

scootz - 24/11/10 at 06:33 PM

^^^Wot He Said^^^

carpmart - 24/11/10 at 06:37 PM

OK - Zilspeeds the winner!

scootz - 24/11/10 at 06:46 PM

Late entry... Poppy-Poo!

carpmart - 24/11/10 at 06:55 PM

Scotty, she is not cute, well not in the way a puppy is cute, she is more cuddly. Mind you, she also looks like she could rip your head off with one or two syllables uttered by her master. Looks like a real killer to me!

Rotty's seem to have the worst press but most of them are as soft as poo!

scootz - 24/11/10 at 07:39 PM

You're right... a properly raised Rottweiler is generally regarded as one of the most intelligent and sociable breeds. There are dozens of popular small breeds which are far more bad-tempered and aggressive but because they only nip then no one really cares.

Push a big dog, surprise it, or meet a badly raised one then they can obviously inflict significant damage (particularly if there is more than one dog present as what starts as a game can quickly escalate through excitement).

We have three bitches and all are sweeties. Poppy is very timid though and gets easily scared when strangers call, but she gives plenty of warning for folk to keep their distance! Weighed her last time at the vets... 60kg That's HUGE for a Rottweiler bitch!

MikeR - 24/11/10 at 08:02 PM

Got a 30kg male labrador. Playing tag with him the other week. I was in the gate between the garden and drive & he was running past me. Decided to completely block the opening as it was time to go in. Charlie didn't know this and carried on playing. 30kg of dog running at me with no gap .......... i went flying

stevegough - 24/11/10 at 09:31 PM

My son and his better half foster poor doggies who have been made homeless for one reason or another......these three are the one and only time they fostered puppies! - Cute, but bags of trouble!!!

For my submission to the thread, I give you...... Bear, Dib-Dab and Runway!

marcjagman - 24/11/10 at 09:44 PM

650 quid for a mongrel? Could buy a proper dog for that sort of money.

scootz - 24/11/10 at 09:54 PM

Behave...

Richard Quinn - 24/11/10 at 10:14 PM

There are plenty of hybrids (as opposed to mongrels) out there that are in demand. I'm a fan of northern breeds and there are lots of northern-looking breeds that are deliberate "blends" such as the Northern Inuit, Utonagon, Tamaskan Dog, Sarloos, Czech Wolfdog etc. None of these are considered mongrels and decent Czech Wolfdog pups are ordered well in advance of litters being born and fetch up to £2k a pup.
That having been said, ours is a pure Alaskan Malamute!

Good luck with the sale of the pups.

flak monkey - 24/11/10 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn

One of my faves

Richard Quinn - 24/11/10 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn

One of my faves

Just for you then...

sask
sask

carpmart - 25/11/10 at 06:19 AM

I'm thinking the Alaskan Malamute above, can't be genetically dissimilar to a WOLF!

Its a handsome dog alright, what's their character like?

Richard Quinn - 25/11/10 at 07:07 AM

All domestic dogs are genetically similar to a wolf!

In general, Mals are intelligent, stubborn and not particularly loyal "one-man dogs", in fact they like human company in general so you couldn't rely on one as a guard dog. Ours is a particular softy. She loves playing with other dogs and does spend a lot of time off the lead (and will recall contrary to popular belief). Like with all dogs, if you put a bit of work in with respect to training, you will be rewarded but it will probably take longer with a Mal than something like a Collie or Lab.

jeffw - 25/11/10 at 07:35 AM

Our Tibetan Terrier when he was a pup a couple of years ago.

Vindi_andy - 25/11/10 at 10:39 AM

The mal looks beuatiful Always been one of my favourites

The rottie looks like she just wants to play

I am of the opinion that there are very few bad dogs, yes sometimes you get ones that are highly strung but in the main its bad owners that are the problem.

Bad discipline, abuse and lack of training all contribute to give larger dogs a bad name and as has been said a bad large dog can do a lot more damage than a small one before it can be restrained

Unfortunately I cant see the photo of the cavapoos

[Edited on 25/11/10 by Vindi_andy]

gottabedone - 30/11/10 at 07:33 AM

Come on guys - the OP has placed an advert for his pups not an invitation for a slating!!

I don'y know what his pups are worth or the pedegree's of the parents and to be honest neither do any of his critics on here...................if that's what they're worth then so be it!

Yes, you can get a rescue dog for far less but you don't always know what you are letting yourself in for - you may have many years of joy but you may not. It's all down to choice -my dogs cost considerably more than this and only last about 8 years (Bernese Mountain Dogs) but that's a price I pay for having these wonderful creatures

good luck with the sale Dave

Steve

Davegtst - 30/11/10 at 09:34 AM

Thanks Steve. Only one left now so i guess they were worth it after all.

coozer - 30/11/10 at 05:39 PM

quote:
They are just SOOO cute!

Remember folks, a dog is a 10 year + commitment! Don't get drawn in to Christmas gifts!

10 years on and still bags of fun...

carnut - 30/11/10 at 09:34 PM

The price of anything is what people will pay for it. If people will pay £650 then the're worth that. In any case being a cross breed will save £100s on vet bills as King Charles Spanials pedegrees have no end of health problems. I know because we've had a few.

Davegtst - 2/12/10 at 02:00 PM

Only the black one left now, any takers? They are being picked up after christmas btw.

Davegtst - 4/12/10 at 03:19 PM

All sold.