Board logo

F/S MK INDY BLACKBIRD (dry sump)
carnut - 30/11/10 at 09:19 PM

For sale MK INDYBIRD

Thinking of selling my indy as I've just ordered a Triumph Tiger 800. I'll be sad to see the car go as I've had a great deal of enjoyment from it. After i've had the bike for a year or so i'll be building another but maybe something bigger. Cobra?

There are pics in my archive. PM me your email if you want any more.

Spec as follows

MK Indy
SVA'd and Registered in 2004

Engine:
Injection CBR1100xx Blackbird
Pace Dry Sump (fitted to protect engine but gives a bit more power due to reduced windage losses)
Balancers removed to improve lubrication to crank and reduce inertia.
Power commander
Secondary air removed
Primary drive anti-backlash gear removed to reduce mass /inertia.
Oil cooler

Trackday Exhaust system so I can do trackdays at Donnington. Passes 98dB(A) drive by. Also comes with straight through race can.
Exhaust by Zorstec and is featured on their website.

Fuel Swirl pot to prevent starvation on long corners while on track

Wheels + Tyres
15" Oz superleggera with avon ACB10 tyre (road legal compound)

3.62 Limited Slip Differential

Carbon Mirrors and indicator pods from Caterham

4 Point Luke harnesses (I have the parts to convert to 6 point but never got arround to fitting them)

Very lightweight car, I doubt there are many lighter.

Larger than standard fuel tank for longer touring range.

Protech Shocks.

Front wheel line lock

Willwood brake bias valve

Will come with Full MOT and Tax.

Please contact me if your interested. I am looking for £7500 but am open to all sensible offers.

Mark

drury318 - 1/12/10 at 12:25 AM

Don`t think me rude Mark but at this time of year I think you`ll struggle to get any interest at all at that price, leave it til next spring and you will at least have a fighting chance & much much more interest, I speak from experience!

JoelP - 1/12/10 at 09:26 PM

funny you say that; i normally think 'known manufacturer' cars are over priced, but £7500 seems reasonable for this one. Blackbird being a fairly robust engine.

carse - 3/12/10 at 10:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
funny you say that; i normally think 'known manufacturer' cars are over priced, but £7500 seems reasonable for this one. Blackbird being a fairly robust engine.

I was under the impression the Blackbird motor can be quite fragile in a BEC configuration from all the stories of no. 3 big end suffering oil starvation? No slight on the seller or his car, this ones obviously had a lot of work done to it.

carnut - 3/12/10 at 02:13 PM

Its is true that blackbird engines without a dry sump or oil accumulator are not as robust as some other engines but with a dry sump fitted is is one of the stronger engines out there.

carnut - 22/2/11 at 06:58 PM

Still for sale