Board logo

Free to collector: TS Lightning 2 Body Shell
Badger_McLetcher - 15/7/13 at 08:02 PM

Right, it is with some regret that I'm putting up the body shell of my original project- free to collector- as I will never have the time, patience or skill to complete it.
The TS Lightning 2 was based on the C3 Corvette and, to be frank, was a terrible car- a ladder chassis which took complete subframes from a late Cortina and a V6 Cologne engine, it was never going to win performance prizes (and the early ones looked like they'd gone several rounds against Mr Tyson wielding the Ugly Stick of Doom). I think there were less than 10 made, and this is the last (and most accurate) body shell- which in my opinion is not too bad.
My plan was to build a space framed chassis (to take a V8) and cut away the floor of the shell, attaching it to the new chassis. However since I am now living 70 odd miles away from where it is, this is not going to happen in any reasonable length of time.
I'm not sure how well the pictures convey the state it is in, so here goes: whilst the gel coat is cracked and damaged in multiple areas, the fibreglass itself seems relatively solid. There is a lot of cutting and repair work to be done on this to get something usable out of it, however if someone did put in the effort the result would be unique and a real head turner.
If there are any questions, please feel free to ask, and if someone wants to look before taking it on they are welcome.

If no one is interested, I'm going to have to find a way to scrap it- which should be fun

Edit: I forgot to say, it is in Bristol just off J19 of the M5.

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

[Edited on 15/7/13 by Badger_McLetcher]

jossey - 15/7/13 at 08:50 PM

That car is awesome.

How can that not be sold never mind given away.

DJ

SteveMX5 - 15/7/13 at 11:02 PM

Hi there 2 probably silly questions! Are there and doors for it and any ideas how much it weighs roughly? Could well be interested looks like it could be a unique project

[Edited on 15/7/13 by SteveMX5]

Badger_McLetcher - 16/7/13 at 06:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SteveMX5
Hi there 2 probably silly questions! Are there and doors for it and any ideas how much it weighs roughly? Could well be interested looks like it could be a unique project

[Edited on 15/7/13 by SteveMX5]

No worries, not silly questions at all
Yes, there are doors for it, though they are not in a good state and currently consist of two pieces of fibreglass- inner and outers.
As for weight, it's pretty beefy. I can lift either end though, and have moved it around single handedly with the aid of an engine crane on one end. At a rough guess I'd say it's probably a bit less than 100kg, but that I'm afraid is pure conjecture! However I reckon if you were going to space frame it, a lot of the weight could be chopped out.

dan_g8 - 16/7/13 at 08:51 AM

Just sent a u2u

Daddylonglegs - 16/7/13 at 09:24 AM

Wish I had the space for that beastie! I only live about 15mins from Bristol

Badger_McLetcher - 16/7/13 at 05:30 PM

Gone! To Dan_g8, pending collection!

SteveMX5 - 16/7/13 at 06:25 PM

Drat If it falls through let me know I'm only 30 mins away

Badger_McLetcher - 5/9/13 at 09:55 PM

This is still available as no one is able to take it! Viewing is welcome (I wouldn't want to land this on somebody unless they know what they're getting into) and I'm around on the weekends.
It would be a shame to scrap it, but that is unfortunately what is going to have to happen as it needs to be gone soon(ish).

owelly - 5/9/13 at 11:21 PM

Please somebody collect this to save me having to drive to Bristol!!

BigGeoff - 6/9/13 at 07:17 AM

U2u sent