edsco - 29/10/13 at 11:43 AM

Genesis RR - £12,500

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

This Genesis was a new build in 2006. It is a mid engined CBR1000rr ‘09 powered open sports car with spaceframe chassis, fully rose jointed suspension with five piece removable bodywork.

Car History
The car has raced in the 750 Motor Club RGB Championship Class R, achieving 3rd in 2007, 2nd in 2008 and 1st in Class in 2009, also gaining a 2nd at Power Nights in 2008.
2010 saw a total strip down and rebuild of the car, powder coating of all chassis and suspension components, replacement dampers and springs and lowering the bodywork by 3” to improve aero performance.
In 2012 the car was fitted with an AB Performance supplied Honda CBR1000RR (2009 engine) with billet sump and bespoke AB Performance stainless exhaust

I acquired the car from the previous owner in October 2012, when I stripped and rebuilt the car for the 2013 season. This was more for peace of mind than anything, but many modifications were carried out to help improve reliability and reduce weight.

2012/2013 winter rebuild included:
• Completely stripping the car down to the chassis and rebuilding it replacing any worn mechanical parts. This mainly included replacement rose joints and wheel bearings.
• Relocated radiator to side pod.
• Reduced rotating mass from the diff and other axle components, achieved by re-engineering the reverse mechanism.
• Complete re wire from front to back. New custom engine and aux loom installed.
• New Race Technology dash and data logger.
• New fuel tank (baffled) with internal catch pot.
• New rear Powerlite calipers fitted to rear, with hand brake mechanism.
• Front bodywork altered to help reduce drag from where the radiator intake used to be.
• Wilwood brake bias installed.
• Conversion to AB Performance Paddleshift (Stick shift is available to reinstall. 5 min job and far better for changing gear positively)
• Replacement of any nuts and bolts that were critical or were showing signs of wear.
• Many other small fettling jobs. Too many to list.

The car now has a dry weight of approx 465kg.

2013 seasoned the car has proved 100% reliable, however it must be said I have had 2 DNFs but they were down to my own stupidity. Donington saw the exhaust collector detach itself due to a lack of springs to hold the exhaust together and Silverstones DNF was attributed to collecting a cone under the front floor (no damage, but difficult to drive with it wedged underneath).

The engine has been serviced 4 times over the course of this season, with the new owner benefiting from a final service before it’s laid up over the winter.
Car fully conforms with RGB regulations and the previous owner did also campaign the car in Bikesports as well, but I decided RGB rounds were plenty for me.

Technical Details:
• Honda CBR1000RR – 2009 inc ECU & loom
• AB Alloy baffled sump
• AB Stainless Exhaust
• 35 row oil cooler
• Aluminium radiator
• Electric fan
• Power Commander – new with engine
• AMB Transponder
• Titan steering rack
• Cable clutch
• Braided brake and oil lines
• Electric water pump
• Quaife LSD Diff (spare sprockets available 50,52 and 54 tooth)
• Wilwood Powerlite callipers all round – rears new 2013
• Polymatrix A Pads
• Vented front discs, solids on rear
• New - Shortened air intake trumpets in airbox
• Hi Flow air filter.
• New – High flow fuel filter
• Protech single adjustable Shocks – new 2010 on 375 lbs springs
• Quick release steering wheel – boss new 2010
• 6 point seat belts – will need replacing for 2014 season
• Race Technology Dash 4 Pro steering wheel mounted and DL1 data logger – new 2013
• Plumbed in Fire Extinguisher – refilled in 2013 and expires 2015
• Dry break fuel drain and fuel pump over ride to facilitate draining tank after sessions
• Yokohama AO48R tyres
• Oz Superleggera 7 x15 wheels,
• Spare set of Oz Ultraleggera 7x15 wheels (but one is damaged)
• 2 additional sprocket sets – brand new and lightened
• FIA spec rain light – New
• New baffled fuel tank with integral catch pot
• Acousta filled silencer (a predictable 104db at 8000 rpm)
• Front and rear anti rollbars
• Protech double adjustable shocks
• New – 530 X-Ring 84 link chain. Done 2 race meetings. Nicely bedded in
• BHP output at wheels 177bhp done by Daytuner. Printout to prove.
• Car set up and geometry by Tim Gray Motorsport

Spares & parts –
• 2 x 84 link chains (used)
• 2 x 300lb springs
• 2 x 325lb springs
• Fuel pumps and accessories
• Quick lift jack

Contact me to view or for more details:
Ed Scotney – 07971 489277

Boltsy - 11/11/13 at 10:32 PM

Bump

wozzap - 16/11/13 at 11:55 AM

Fast reliable car, ideal for race or track days

edsco - 21/11/13 at 10:44 AM

Still looking for that new thrill seeker owner! :-)

Brilliant entry level car to RGB or other bike engine series with its CBR1000'09 engine power plant or exceptional track day toy.

Sensible offers will be considered.

Cheers

edsco - 29/11/13 at 02:29 PM

**Price Reduced** £10,750 1 week only!

Contact me to view or for more details:
Ed Scotney – 07971 489277