Board logo

Mitsubishi i-car for sale - great car now, or you could turn a profit
FuryRebuild - 5/1/17 at 01:48 PM

Hi All

I thought I'd offer my car for sale here before I put it on auto trader. It's a mitsubishi i-car, and we've had it for a few years before circumstances have changed and we have to let it go. It's a 4-speed rear-engined turbo (with auto-box). What this means is there's great room inside for four adults, and being rear-engined there is nothing to get in the way of the steering rack, and it turns on a six-pence. It's the ideal city car because it's a hoot to drive and also is dirt cheap to insure and tax. It's group 3, and costs £35 to tax every year. It's also got a 9 month MOT and a new battery as well as two keys. Mileage is 45,548 and it's been incredibly reliable for us, as well as being a head-turner. It would make a great cheap second or third car, or you can do some work on it and turn a profit.

So, now the bit why I think it will be interesting to those here, apart from the uniqueness. There's some rust bubbling through the rear arches, and the paint has started to fade. According to my favourite body-shop, red paint typically can do this and to sort the arches and give it a flash over of paint (so if I sell it it won't come back to bite me) would be about £950. Good examples are selling for about £2700 and more, so I'm offering it here at £1700 - the difference to what it would cost to bring up to top condition. Also, it means if you are handy with a paint-gun and bodge, you can do the work yourself and keep the difference - do your own bit of wheeler-dealing.

It has a reasonable amount of mod-cons which also all work fine. It has air-con, 4 electric windows and a DAB stereo. The DAB ariel has died so you would need to replace.

I've got some photos below so you can see the contrast between the bumpers (plastic) and the steel. This is also why only the rear arches have an issue.

Give me a PM and we can swap phone numbers. I'm based in Harrogate.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description