Board logo

FS - Aprilia RSVR Gen 2 Engine 2006 19000 Miles
scootz - 23/10/17 at 12:48 PM

Selling on behalf of a friend.

He's an engineer - knows his stuff, and only picks the best for his projects. This engine was destined for a custom bike, but he ended up going down a different route and built a thing of beauty powered by a BMW Boxer lump.

He stripped the bike - listened to the engine running - and checked it over. The bike had 19000 miles.

I know V-twins aren't particularly common on the BEC scene (there are some out there though), but the Aprilia / Rotax 990 truly is an awesome engine. Dry-sumped as standard, and a torque curve that is outstanding. Don't be put off by the torque numbers - these things make most of their power down low... and it just keeps coming!

Would be absolutely awesome in a Rage style buggy. Oh, and the noise!!! I had a Gen 2 RSVR bike with an Arrows race exhaust system, and it made a sound like nothing else out there. It was replaced by a Ducati 1098S with a Termignoni full-race exhaust system - it sounded awesome too, but still wasn't a patch on the RSVR noise.

Current prices start around £400 for 30,000 mile 17 year old Gen 1 engine. Gen 2's are making £450 all the way up to a Grand.

This is one of the later engines - 2006. He needs rid, so £500 collected, or I can arrange to meet at a reasonable distance for now't (I live near Edinburgh), or I can put it on a pallet for you and send it for £60.

If you want to buy a good one, then this is it.

Can get pics if required.

Doctor Derek Doctors - 23/10/17 at 08:56 PM

What comes with it? Electrics? Airbox? Exhajst etc etc?

scootz - 24/10/17 at 08:07 PM

Just the bare engine Derek.

scootz - 16/1/20 at 09:30 PM

Keep forgetting I have this sat in my garage - still available!