Board logo

Twin axle covered trailer for sale - £1700
AdamR20 - 6/12/18 at 11:18 AM

Morning all,

My trusty trailer is up for sale!

Not bling by any means, but very reliable and functional. It was hand built by my local trailer centre for themselves to use, towing a Landy for competition use. I then bought it and built the frame (aluminium tubing and Q clamps, so it's modular and easily adjustable / removable) and had Cunningham Covers build the, er, cover in 660gsm PVC. This is proper haulage spec stuff and the fastenings are the same, none of this wimpy zip malarkey

The mudguards can be removed with pins, as can the number plate holder which is what keeps the ramps in place. Floor gaps are panelled in clear polycarbonate meaning cars arrive clean and dry, also helps spot any leaks from the engine bay.

Winch, internal tyre rack and shelf, twin indespension axles with recently replaced proper load rated tyres (65psi) plus spare, lockable tow hitch correctly rated for plated weight of trailer, rear support legs, fairly new jockey wheel - all works as it should. Lights are enough to be legal but honestly I was going to rewire and replace over winter, or buy a trailer board and stick that on.

Weight is approx 600kg and it will take another 2 tons on top of that, so with me only towing a stripped out MX5 or a kit car on its not been worked hard. The MX5 fits snugly, but you can walk round a kit car without too much issue, bed is 6ft2 x 13ft. Height approx 1.4m (easily clears MX5 and kit cars easily) but I can confirm if necessary. Always stored inside, only brought out when I needed to use it or for these photos.

An afternoon with a pressure washer and a can of POR15 would have it looking great but I don't have the time at the moment, so I'm happy to let this go at £1700. I very much doubt you'll find a fully functional, ready-to-go covered twin axle trailer for less!

Collection preferred from PR5 (near Preston, Lancashire) but could possibly help with delivery.

Pics below.

Any questions, shout up!

Adam

andrew.carwithen - 6/12/18 at 04:19 PM

Hello Adam,
Sadly, your trailer is a foot too short for my needs so don't want to buy (which is a pity as the price is very competitive compared with others I've seen for sale.)
However, I do already have a 14ft flatbed open trailer for which I have been considering making a frame and getting covered in the same material as yours. May I ask how much it cost you to have the frame and cover made?
Thanks,
Andy.

AdamR20 - 7/12/18 at 08:18 AM

Morning Andy,

I made the frame, cost me about £350 in bits plus a day of work to fit it, the cover was £450 delivered. Frame would have been cheaper if I used bits of steel box and welded it in, but figured I wouldn't have the flexibility / ease of future modification.

Cheers,
Adam

[Edited on 7/12/18 by AdamR20]

andrew.carwithen - 7/12/18 at 10:14 AM

Thanks for the info, Adam - it's very much appreciated.
Did you simply send off dimensions for the cover - or did they need to have the trailer and /or frame?
Good luck with the sale of your trailer. I'm sure it won't hang around for long!

AdamR20 - 10/12/18 at 05:23 PM

No problem. They take dimensions, a bit far to pop over to Ireland

Thanks.

AdamR20 - 2/1/19 at 09:03 AM

New year bump! Would love to gain some space back so £1650 takes it.

AdamR20 - 12/2/19 at 09:25 AM

Gotta be worth £1500? Serious offers considered.