Board logo

1700 Crossflow and gearbox
sevaun - 10/7/20 at 10:13 AM

Hi due to converting my Westfield to BEC I have a full turnkey 1700 Crossflow installation for sale:

Complete 1700 Crossflow Ford - Originally Built by Rallytune in Lancashire.

Engine Spec includes:
Duplex timing gear and chain
Reground cam stamped 44 on the end journal so believed to be equivalent of Kent 244 cam, but I have no documentation or proof of this
Steel Rocker posts
Baffled alloy sump
Twin 40 DCOE Webers including air filters and new Magard duel cable thottle linkage
Lumenition electronic ignition and coil
Offset distributor
Tubular steel manifold
Stainless steel exhaust with allloy heat shield – believed to be Westfield
Alternator
Brand new starter motor
Westfield Engine mounts
New water pump
New radiator fan switch

Price of engine complete to spec above: £2000

Gearbox
Ford Type E “Rocket “ gearbox. Nice slick gearchange and fresh oil. Never used by me in the car but all seems in good order:
£375

Propshaft to suit with English diff flange
£125

All prices negotiable(within reason) particularly for the full turnkey package.

Photos of all parts in my photo archive

Interested? PM me or call mobile 07388 124361
e mail: richvaughany(at)outlook.com

[Edited on 10/7/20 by sevaun]

MikeR - 10/7/20 at 12:58 PM

Saw it on Facebook which appeared to say it was for £125. Thought to myself, even if it's knackered it's got to be worth that. Read the advert properly and saw that was the price for the prop. Realised it wasn't my lucky day 😁. Good luck.

If you've got any spares that you don't sell with the engine please let me know.

sevaun - 10/7/20 at 07:15 PM

Ha ha, well Mike that would have been a bargain!
If I have anything left over after the sale I'll let you know....
Thanks
Rich

BTW I see you've got a battle on with the Big C. I'm 2 years into remission from throat cancer and all is looking good - I hope you come through OK aswell!

[Edited on 10/7/20 by sevaun]

MikeR - 10/7/20 at 09:50 PM

Two years since surgery for what was supposed to be stage 2 prostate, but turned into stage 3 when they opened me up. All good currently thankfully. Should probably change "fighting" to "beating" but I don't want to tempt the little bastard.

sevaun - 19/7/20 at 02:40 PM

Crossflow now sold but tein 40 dcoe webers still available complete with linkages and filter socks. £550 posted to uk mainland.