Board logo

Wtd: Performance Calipers
MakeEverything - 7/3/10 at 10:20 AM

Anyone got a set of Wilwoods to fit a Sierra (4x4 i think) with the cable hand brake that they arent using?

I need to upgrade my stopping power because of the new power going in, but i want to keep an eye out for a bargain set of calipers before picking up the good old rally design catalogue!!

Maybe another Group buy? Anything less than £50 off a new set isnt really worth the aggro.

scootz - 7/3/10 at 10:33 AM

Hi Richard,

By all accounts the Wilwood handbrake caliper is pretty poor when it comes to the handbrake function.

Have you thought about just fitting a set of normal Wilwoods and adding a spot caliper like the HiSpec one?

Russell - 7/3/10 at 11:43 AM

I've got a pair of new* rear calipers with sliders and new disks to suit. These fit the Sierra 4x4 hubs. It's a vented setup so maybe not what you are after? I haven't thought about a selling price yet but I think that whole lot cost over £150, and that was a reduced price as part of a deal.

Make me a sensible offer if you're interested.

(* when I say they are new, they may be reconditioned but they are as good as new with all parts shiny bright. I think it's unusual for reconditioned items to come with sliders)

MakeEverything - 7/3/10 at 01:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Russell
I've got a pair of new* rear calipers with sliders and new disks to suit. These fit the Sierra 4x4 hubs. It's a vented setup so maybe not what you are after? I haven't thought about a selling price yet but I think that whole lot cost over £150, and that was a reduced price as part of a deal.

Make me a sensible offer if you're interested.

(* when I say they are new, they may be reconditioned but they are as good as new with all parts shiny bright. I think it's unusual for reconditioned items to come with sliders)

You have U2U.

Will the vented setup replace the solid setup directly without modification?

MakeEverything - 7/3/10 at 01:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Hi Richard,

By all accounts the Wilwood handbrake caliper is pretty poor when it comes to the handbrake function.

Have you thought about just fitting a set of normal Wilwoods and adding a spot caliper like the HiSpec one?

It hasnt yet, and i didnt really want to have to make more brackets etc. will bear in mind though, thanks.

Russell - 7/3/10 at 05:57 PM

Some pics of the disks and calipers mocked up on my fabricated uprights with Sierra hubs (bolt on shaft type, if it makes a difference). Note that the whole assembly is only loosely fitted together. It looks in the photos like the disks are touching the calipers but they aren't.

And at the end there's a pic of the calipers and disks. As you see, they are new and shiny shiny!

MakeEverything - 7/3/10 at 07:15 PM

Aah, ok, i should have said i was after Wilwoods or similar!

I dont think the vented sierra ones will give me the braking power that im after.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures though Russ.

[Edited on 7-33-10 by MakeEverything]

Russell - 7/3/10 at 08:14 PM

No probs. Deep pockets required for Wilwoods!