Board logo

WTD Seat Leon Cupra front splitter
balidey - 31/1/11 at 02:33 PM

I am looking for a used Seat Leon Cupra front splitter, the type often fitted to other VAG cars.
I don't mind what condition its in as I will need to modify it heavily to fit my car. Its just that its the right sort of shape to start with to make my mould from.
Local Seat Stealer used to have them brand new at £20 but now have increased price to over £30. Infact their online prices have been creeping up about £2 per week for the last month. Grrrr.

Anyone got a used one kicking about that I can have? It can even be in two bits if needed, which will make it easier to post.

tegwin - 31/1/11 at 03:08 PM

No wonder the prices keep going up... if you happen to own a seat Leon Cupra R you have to replace the bloody thing every few months as its so damn low...lol.... dont ask me how I know that

Steve Hignett - 31/1/11 at 03:13 PM

My old Leon Cupra was lower than my current Golf V6 4Motion.

Leon was standard ride height and my Golf is currently running a 40mm drop!!!

balidey - 31/1/11 at 03:29 PM

Well, if either of you guys are planning on getting a new replacement then let me know before you bin the old ones

nick205 - 31/1/11 at 04:23 PM

Do you mean the lower lip of the front skirt or the actual undertray bit the goes under the rad/engine etc?

Had to replace the undertray on mine several times, the worst being when it bull dozed my parents gravel drive and then re-distributed it (fairly evenly) along their road.

montythemole - 31/1/11 at 04:46 PM

Had one as a company car. Never damaged the splitter - it was in the boot after being pulled off the first building site I went on. Seriously low.

balidey - 31/1/11 at 06:30 PM

I am after the lower front bumper splitter, as this part...
http://www.accessoryplus.co.uk/product/Seat_Cupra_R_Front_Splitter_1M0805903