Board logo

Wtd. 10" mini wheel, or pair 12" metro with tyres
russbost - 17/11/11 at 09:37 AM

Decided to mash one of the wheels on my trailer on Monday - it was a stupid place to leave a kerb in the dark anyway!

Unfortunately the trailer runs classic mini wheels & tyres, 145 x 10" which are becoming a bit like rocking horse poo! & I can't find anything local to me, & most people don't seem to want to post (can't really see why, easy enough to package & cheap with couriers nowadays).

I know we have a few Mini enthusiasts on here, have any of you perhaps put a set of alloys on & happen to have a 10" steel rim or 2 knocking about?

Alternatively a pair of metro rims & tyres in the 12" size would do (I think they ran 145 or 155/70 x 12??), but if it's the Metro ones the I would need tyres too.

Happy to pay a reasonable price, but need it local to SS7 Essex or posted.

Neville Jones - 17/11/11 at 09:57 AM

Later Mini's were 12" wheels, and the last some 13". Fairly common in scrapyards.

Metro wheels won't fit the Mini hubs, as they have a slightly smaller centre bore, only a mm or so.

I've got a stack in the back yard, leftover from the boys grasstracking days. Too far from Essex though.

Cheers,
Nev.

chrisxr2 - 17/11/11 at 11:07 AM

I have some copper reverse rims a set of 4 with rubber on bit far from you again though, no idea what a courier would charge, will check the actual size of the wheels later.

emidas - 17/11/11 at 11:45 AM

I also run a trailer with 10" mini wheels and tyres and after a similar problem ( blow out on the M1...) I now have some spare; rims with / without tyres. Have U2Ud.

owelly - 17/11/11 at 05:08 PM

http://www.discount-towing.co.uk/product/7085-145x10_Wheel_Rim_Centre_Web_PCD_4_Inches

I have some mini rims and tyres but the tyres will be old! So by the time you take postage and stuff, you may as well buy new.

russbost - 17/11/11 at 05:53 PM

Thanx for the replies guys, think I'm sorted now!

Lightning - 17/11/11 at 07:13 PM

Russ

I have 4 NEW 12inch tyres cheap to you if interested.

[Edited on 17/11/11 by Lightning]