Board logo

Ford 7" Diff
Boltsy - 8/11/13 at 07:46 PM

Cash waiting for a 7" 3.38 ratio ford differential unit..
Must be lobro (bolt on drive shafts) not push in.

Thanks

daniel mason - 8/11/13 at 07:53 PM

hi mate, you tried blatchat? the caterham lads run 7"ford sierra lsd, but usually push in type! a lot say you cant get 7" push in lsd but you defo can.ive had 2!

Kev99 - 8/11/13 at 07:57 PM

What the going price for a 3.38 open diff fitted with the shafts for bolt on lobro ?

Boltsy - 8/11/13 at 08:13 PM

£350?

Boltsy - 8/11/13 at 08:17 PM

RGB cars have problems with push in shaft type. Not bothered about LSD either as it's the ratio of CW & P is the important bit. We add a Quaif ATB!

Kev99 - 8/11/13 at 08:17 PM

u2u sent

daniel mason - 8/11/13 at 08:20 PM

road track race will probably do them for around £300

amalyos - 8/11/13 at 09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Boltsy
RGB cars have problems with push in shaft type. Not bothered about LSD either as it's the ratio of CW & P is the important bit. We add a Quaif ATB!

Kevin,

What problems? Dave and I have been running them for 3 seasons with no problems, why carry the extra weight.

daniel mason - 8/11/13 at 11:25 PM

^^^ thats what i thought.
why not use the tried and trusted caterham setup? should be bullet proof. i know many running big power through these!

Boltsy - 9/11/13 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
quote:

Kevin,

What problems? Dave and I have been running them for 3 seasons with no problems, why carry the extra weight.

I think it something along the lines of the shaft length interfears with the ATB LSD unit quaif do. Are you two running them too?

CNHSS1 - 9/11/13 at 10:56 PM

The quaife ATB 7" i had couldnt run with LSD bolt in input shafts, could only be used with open diff input flanges or push in drivehshafts (ran it for 7 seasons with push in shafts)

amalyos - 9/11/13 at 11:50 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
quote:

Kevin,

I think it something along the lines of the shaft length interfears with the ATB LSD unit quaif do. Are you two running them too?

I run a Tranx and Dave has an ATB, so all bases covered.

gaz_gaz - 10/11/13 at 07:51 PM

I have a brand new 3.38 Crownwheel and pinion if your interested.

[Edited on 10/11/13 by gaz_gaz]

Boltsy - 11/11/13 at 06:34 PM

How much do you want for them?

quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
I have a brand new 3.38 Crownwheel and pinion if your interested.

[Edited on 10/11/13 by gaz_gaz]