Board logo

Exhaust silencer
stevio73 - 9/1/14 at 10:15 AM

Hi, I'm looking for a suitable silencer for my haynes build running a zzr1100. Would be nice to have something shiney but not too fussy, I did contemplate making my own but getting hold of stainless tube is tricky.

scutter - 9/1/14 at 10:37 AM

I made my Exhausts from Stainless steel fire extinguishers.

scoop
scoop

Works out about £50 per can.

Regards Dan.

stevio73 - 9/1/14 at 03:04 PM

Now, that seems a really good idea. I think I know a place where I can get one of those!

loggyboy - 9/1/14 at 03:12 PM

I have a 'carbon' R1 can I bought to use on mine, I drilled the rivets hoping to repack it, only to find it welded behind, the rivets were just there for show. I since bought another with a cat all welded on. The carbon sleave slides off and could be replaced with ally should you wish to bling it up.
Open to offers.

[Edited on 9-1-14 by loggyboy]

Steve - 9/1/14 at 08:54 PM

I've got one from a busa powered 7 if that's any good I'm not too far away if you want to have a llok

sdh2903 - 9/1/14 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
I have a 'carbon' R1 can I bought to use on mine, I drilled the rivets hoping to repack it, only to find it welded behind, the rivets were just there for show. I since bought another with a cat all welded on. The carbon sleave slides off and could be replaced with ally should you wish to bling it up.
Open to offers.

[Edited on 9-1-14 by loggyboy]

Is it an oem carbon can?

If so the whole end comes away with a bit of persuasion once the outer ally end cap rivets are removed. Then you can repack it.

loggyboy - 9/1/14 at 09:23 PM

Yeah is oe, but fully stipped off all the end caps down to a bare silencer, which seems to be well welded up.

aerodynamix - 9/1/14 at 10:19 PM

If you are thinking of new , we will be updating the website this weekend with Stainless and Carbon 6" Motorsport silencers

[Edited on 9/1/14 by aerodynamix]

sdh2903 - 9/1/14 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Yeah is oe, but fully stipped off all the end caps down to a bare silencer, which seems to be well welded up.

Defo comes apart I've done 3 now. Needs some brute force though.

FazerBob - 12/1/14 at 11:53 PM

I have a bike can I bought a couple of years ago, but never got round to using it. If I remember rightly it's titanium. Looks like alloy, but very light, and has a catalyst built in.
PM me if you want more details and pics.