Board logo

1300 or 1600 xflow engine &gear box
ianminki - 13/7/15 at 09:02 AM

hi all
i am looking for a engine and gear box, as above, to fit in my stylus if anybody has one that is not in use. As my car is just for road use i would like to keep it classic looking. I also have a fury rolling chassis that is live axle fitted, steering column and rack fitted plus new gaz shocks to the front, they are 12inch open length 2.25 id, and a reverseron reverse box plus prop adapter for zx9r bike engine . i am in Scunthorpe, north lincolnshire. I would be prepared to swap chassis for engine and gear box or sell the chassis in order to buy an engine and gearbox. Any help would be appreciated .

regards ian

HowardB - 13/7/15 at 09:13 AM

why not a zetec? at least your exhaust will be on the passenger side as per the image?

ianminki - 13/7/15 at 09:43 AM

hello howard
as this is my first car i am not sure how to convert the zetec engine and dont know anybody nearby i can ask for help so was just keeping to a simple swop. i am not a mechanic and dont know the ins and outs yet, im still trying to learn, i have been reading lots of threads on here but it just mind blowing at the mo and dont really understand it all yet

regars ian

HowardB - 13/7/15 at 10:16 AM

Hi Ian,

all understood, the advantage of the zetec is that it is electronic ignition, injection and that the exhaust is on the "correct" side.
Not a lot more complex than the crossflow,. same gear box etc. Work by big_wasa is a great help too.

there is lots of help here,. 1 step at a time

steve m - 13/7/15 at 10:39 AM

if you do go down the xfow route, don't bother with the 1300, as even chav cars will out perform you,
my 7 stated live as a 1300, and thankfully got thrashed in the first few weeks and went bang, 1600, and then bored out and tuned is the way to go

however we are in 2015, and there are heaps of really good and much much more, powerful and more reliable engines zetec duratecs etc

and that is really the way to go

steve

HowardB - 13/7/15 at 02:34 PM

there (was) a Sprint weekend at Blyton lastweekend, pop along to the next one and see what others have in their cars and how they are installed....

[Edited on 13/7/15 by HowardB]