Board logo

Fireblade 919 baffled or plated sump solution
msisleman - 18/9/15 at 02:17 PM

Hi,

I need a sump solution for my 919. AB Performance ideally, but I can't get hold of them from him now so has anyone got any type of baffled sump, or a plate to sandwich between the sump and crank case please?

Thanks,

Craig.

Doctor Derek Doctors - 18/9/15 at 02:39 PM

I spoke to Andy Bates about this exact subject yesterday, he doesn't have any on the shelf and would need orders of at least 5 to manufacture another batch.

Perhaps worth seeing if there are a few other people who need them so a batch can be ordered.

msisleman - 18/9/15 at 02:44 PM

Interesting! Is this for a plate or billet sump?

jossey - 18/9/15 at 04:39 PM

I'm in if he can get one that fits both 893 and 919

msisleman - 18/9/15 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jossey
I'm in if he can get one that fits both 893 and 919

I'm fairly sure they're inter changeable. Shall we try and get 5 orders together for billet sumps and or plates then?

Craig.

Doctor Derek Doctors - 18/9/15 at 07:22 PM

That's for proper billet sumps. You will need to shorten your sump pickup as well. They are top kit though, I have one on my sprint car.

I think member Locost-7-online is building an 893 powered car so might be interested.

Stevie_P - 18/9/15 at 07:33 PM

I'm in. Ideally for a baffle plate but could stretch to a billet sump if needed / that's what the 'group buy' go for.
Away for the next week though and will have limited email so cannot do anything about it until next Saturday.

Steve

mark chandler - 18/9/15 at 08:03 PM

The late is easy to make yourself, just google a couple of pictures, remove the sump, invert on a sheet of 1/4" Ali scribe around, drill the holes then use a couple of hole saws to match pictures.

For my car I cut down the original, welded a flat plate across the hole then fitted an accusump.

Lordyplums - 18/9/15 at 09:22 PM

If you want to u2u me I have a quantity ready done for those who are interested
Cheers
Phil