Board logo

5 speed type 9 gearbox with long first
paul n - 26/9/15 at 11:35 AM

Hi

i am looking for a 5 speed type 9 gear box with long first gear and capable of taking 190bhp (so i imagine it needs to be the heavy duty type)

It's for my Zetec engine westfield which currently has a 4 speed straight cut rocket box (which is leaking)......so ideally would fit straight onto this set up ?

cash waiting !

Cheers Paul

coozer - 26/9/15 at 02:04 PM

Burton.

jtskips - 26/9/15 at 02:54 PM

would you like to sell the rocket gearbox,

steve m - 26/9/15 at 04:51 PM

If its leaking, the rear casing has probably snapped on the mounting holes, to the cast part (wear the gears are)

Mine does the same, so I made up two alui plates 5mm thick, that sandwich the rear casing to the front casing, and no more leaks

steve

paul n - 26/9/15 at 07:38 PM

Hi guys thanks for the reply

yes i will sell the rocket box once i source a type 9,

to be honest i really like the rocket box, it has a great shift and good ratio's and i think the leak is a simple fix as it has no notchy action etc and it was rebuild by the previous owner

the only reason i want a type 9 is for the 5th gear as i do a decent amount of road miles as well as track and having a 1-1 4th can be a little wearing on the motorways/ dual carriageway sections !

looks like i may have sourced a type 9 so i will give you a shout jkskips if you want the rocket box!

Cheers Paul

jtskips - 26/9/15 at 08:51 PM

Thankyou paul,