Board logo

Fury/Phoenix wanted
Smokin Donut - 2/10/15 at 10:14 AM

Looking for a road legal Fury or Phoenix, preferably with a windscreen.
Ideally from southern half of UK as I'm from Southampton, but will travel further for the right car.
I'm a private enthusiast buyer.

Thanks, Ben

adithorp - 2/10/15 at 10:30 AM

There's no screen option on the Pheonix; all just aero screens.

You could also look at the Stylus though.

cerbera - 2/10/15 at 10:35 AM

Aye, the Phoenix don't have a windscreen.
Good luck in your search.

[Edited on 2/10/15 by cerbera]

Smokin Donut - 2/10/15 at 02:17 PM

Thanks for the info i'm learning all the time.........yes the stylus would be great. I'd consider any full body kit car that's finished to a good standard, don't mind fettling but don't have time for a full rebuild.

jeffw - 2/10/15 at 04:31 PM

It would be good to give a little more detail, maybe your budget?

jeffw - 2/10/15 at 04:42 PM

I do know of a Phoenix for sale, 4AGE 1600 on carbs, 4 speed dog box, road registered Ex Race Car. STM chassis with full cage, IRS.Guide price would be around £5.5K

Smokin Donut - 3/10/15 at 01:29 PM

Budget is variable depending on car, if something unbelievable came up £10K+. I'm also looking at Honda Elise's. Aim is for a good looking, well built fast road and track car that I can drive as much as possible throughout the year. Had lots of normal type cars and looking for something more 'interesting'. I'm fairly handy with a spanner but am looking for something to drive, not work on.

I was interested by this but was out of the country and couldn't view before the owner went away till March. Felt it was reasonable for £5K

Fisher Fury

Currently got a pretty crazy beach buggy that I built, but I'm looking for something faster that handles better and I can use on track. Old man is getting a 991 Turbo S in Jan. It'd be nice if it could keep up with that in a straight line

This is local to me and looks great but I just don't think I'll get out in it enough:

Tiger Avon Kit Car 2.0 XE Vauxhall Fully sorted high spec road race hillclimb

Thanks for the help.

adithorp - 3/10/15 at 02:22 PM

I saw that Fury a few years ago just after it was registered. Was a nice build but the engine is a bit old school though. It's a "full screen spider" body with no doors though, so difficult to make a proper hood work (can't get in/out). You can manage with a half-hood like this that keeps out 95% of the weather...

The Avon used to belong to a member on here (laptoprob) untill he sold it last year. Quick car in his hands but probably not a usable as a full screen Fury.

[Edited on 3/10/15 by adithorp]

Smokin Donut - 3/10/15 at 03:21 PM

I saw a pic of that half hood (rain cap) and thought that would be great. I had a similar thing made for the buggy.

I'm not 100% disregarding anything, when the right car comes up I'll know it when I see it. Missed out on a few nice ones as I work offshore, back here for a while now. I'd rather a modern power plant, saw some pinto cars I could swap a Ford st225 into but don't really have time so would rather buy already gone.

Main reason for the post was to see if anyone had a car laid up for the winter who was contemplating selling.

My mobile is 07761811600.

Found these:
http://www.ayrtonsportscars.co.uk/2014/05/stuart-taylor-phoenix/
http://www.ayrtonsportscars.co.uk/2014/11/fisher-fury/

Quite like the look of the red one, but not a fan of the colour and £12K seems a bit steep, plus I think the car is in Italy!

Ben

[Edited on 3/10/15 by Smokin Donut]