Board logo

Hans device
ali f27 - 11/11/15 at 06:26 PM

Hi collective were is the cheapest place to get a hans device

jeffw - 11/11/15 at 06:37 PM

What angle do you want? 20deg is much cheaper than 30deg.

Have a look at Plays Kool

http://www.plays-kool.co.uk/acatalog/Hans-Devices---Accessories.html

redturner - 11/11/15 at 06:37 PM

Bought mine from Ed Moore cost me £245 for a 20degree model hans......

danny keenan - 11/11/15 at 06:56 PM

Hi

If I had a group buy of 10 I could do them at £235 with free delivery

Thanks Danny

richard munnis - 11/11/15 at 07:59 PM

I would be number one of ten

unijacko67 - 11/11/15 at 08:12 PM

I may be number 2 if I can get a 20 degree one to work, need to borrow one first.

MsD - 11/11/15 at 08:52 PM

I would consider one.
At the NEC this weekend so will try a few sizes on.

What's everyone doing about belts? Do we need HANS approved ones? If so any offers on Danny?

Mark.

daniel mason - 11/11/15 at 09:14 PM

You don't need hans specific belts to use a hans.but if you do use hans specific belts then you MUST wear a hans!

redturner - 11/11/15 at 09:27 PM

You beat me to it Dan. So many people are getting confused about this rule and it is quite simple really. Just use the 3" ones you have and dont be conned into buying 2" HANS belts, because if you leave the hans at home, thats where you will be going. I and others still use our 3" belts and in my case with a 20 degree in my single seater. Works a treat and cheap.

mark chandler - 11/11/15 at 10:09 PM

I need one for next year, £235 sounds good if you can make the numbers

jeffw - 12/11/15 at 07:25 AM

In most situations people need a 20 Deg Medium HANS. 30 Deg is really for formula cars and Large is 18" neck or bigger.

So 20 Deg Medium using your existing, in date, 3" harness is the cheapest way to do it. You will also need to make sure your Helmet is approved for use with FHR.

Norfolkluegojnr - 12/11/15 at 08:59 AM

I'd be in as well for a group buy.

How many is that? 6?

spdpug98 - 12/11/15 at 09:50 AM

I could also be in for this too....

jeffw - 12/11/15 at 10:38 AM

Just a few points for anyone looking to buy a HANS/FHR.

1. If you wear one the belts need to be racing tight, as in almost can't breath tight.
2. Side vision is quite restricted as you can't easily rotate your head.
3. You need a current spec car racing helmet with posts already fitted to ensure the HANS will work.
4. HANS tends to be uncomfortable to wear for long periods and can cause issues getting out of vehicles (tends to catch the rear of the yoke).
5. Currently the MSA does not require FHR/HANS for Road Going cars in Sprinting.
6. You need a 4 belt harness minimum (ideally 6) which has been fitted in accordance with HANS/FHR spec. The rear belts must be level with your shoulders or slightly below. If the belt mounts are above your shoulders HANS will not work.
7. HANS offers no side impact protection at all, it is a Front Head Restraint after all.

So if you are looking to buy and use one please make sure your belts are suitable and correctly fitted and that your helmet is to the correct specification.

Norfolkluegojnr - 12/11/15 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Just a few points for anyone looking to buy a HANS/FHR.

1. If you wear one the belts need to be racing tight, as in almost can't breath tight.
2. Side vision is quite restricted as you can't easily rotate your head.
3. You need a current spec car racing helmet with posts already fitted to ensure the HANS will work.
4. HANS tends to be uncomfortable to wear for long periods and can cause issues getting out of vehicles (tends to catch the rear of the yoke).
5. Currently the MSA does not require FHR/HANS for Road Going cars in Sprinting.
6. You need a 4 belt harness minimum (ideally 6) which has been fitted in accordance with HANS/FHR spec. The rear belts must be level with your shoulders or slightly below. If the belt mounts are above your shoulders HANS will not work.
7. HANS offers no side impact protection at all, it is a Front Head Restraint after all.

So if you are looking to buy and use one please make sure your belts are suitable and correctly fitted and that your helmet is to the correct specification.

Sorry for the highjack - Jeff, am I safe to use my current 3" 4 point Sabelts? I'd hate to have to change them as well as a new helmet and FHR for the new season!

Belts are in date, and were replaced two years ago.

jeffw - 12/11/15 at 11:02 AM

Yes, they will be fine assuming they are fitted as per the HANS instructions.

http://www.msar.co.uk/pdf/HansUSAOwnersManual.pdf

Read and digest, especially the belt fitment.

[Edited on 12/11/15 by jeffw]

Norfolkluegojnr - 12/11/15 at 11:08 AM

thanks

Other than the belts being quite long (its a clio and they attached under the cage) I should be fine.

[Edited on 12/11/15 by Norfolkluegojnr]

jeffw - 12/11/15 at 11:38 AM

If they are long you may need to cross them behind the seat to get the correct angle. Long belts obviously stretch more than short belts (1 inch per foot rings a bell for some reason) in an accident and can allow the HANS to lift off the shoulders.

jtskips - 12/11/15 at 05:14 PM

I am in the market for a 20 degree hans device , I really wanted to get one after Christmas but if there is bulk purchase discount available somewhere then i`m in

Lordyplums - 12/11/15 at 06:08 PM

I'd be in for one on a bulk buy :-)

AdamR20 - 12/11/15 at 06:35 PM

I've been using a Stand21 20 Degree Medium for a few seasons, but now looks like I'll need an adjustable one - so happy to move it on if anyone wants it.

lsdweb - 12/11/15 at 06:39 PM

I'd be in for one too.

Thanks

Wyn

danny keenan - 12/11/15 at 08:22 PM

To my count there is 7 people who are interested in the Hans.so we only need 3 more to get the bulk buy.
If those who are interested could send me a U2u with there name and contact number.i will contact you ASAP

Thanks Danny

daniel mason - 12/11/15 at 10:34 PM

Stand 21 Club hans Device FIA Approved 20° recline (Med/Large) Race Rally Track

jtskips - 13/11/15 at 06:26 PM

http://www.vulcanracing.co.uk/apps/webstore/products/show/5635823

£233ea ,,,, not asked for multi buy discount yet

madrallysport - 14/11/15 at 10:30 PM

Try this place http://www.rr-ni.com and speak with Raymond is very keen on price, I'm in the process of buying a new helmet from him

Trollyjack - 15/11/15 at 09:01 PM

Speak to Peter Birthill he does them around 230
I got mine from him top guy

he is on Facebook
link

unijacko67 - 19/11/15 at 10:42 PM

Danny's multi buy sounds good,

Are they SCHROTH with sliding tether's Danny.

Let's not forget the free delivery chaps.

unijacko67 - 24/11/15 at 11:37 PM

A mate of mine is putting an order in soon, but wants to get upto 20 orders. Think he's up to 12 or so.

arround £204 inc vat Schroth super sport. Might be a bit of postage or collect from Lancaster Area.

See Link, don't contact me.

http://www.britishrally.co.uk/classifieds_view.php?id=19041

mark chandler - 25/11/15 at 07:52 AM

Demon tweaks, under £200 this week

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/fhr-hans-devices/hans-sport-ii-hans-device

Or the super sport

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/fhr-hans-devices/schroth-protec-super-sport-fhr-hans-device

[Edited on 25/11/15 by mark chandler]

daniel mason - 25/11/15 at 09:46 AM

That's plus vat mark!

Doctor Derek Doctors - 25/11/15 at 10:41 AM

I'm going for one of these:

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/hans-devices/simpson-hybrid-sport-head-neck-restraint

Certainly not cheap but its' not angle dependant so I can use it in any car and it also works in offset and side impacts and you can turn your head more easily.

TimC - 25/11/15 at 01:08 PM

I need one too but I'm significantly more probe than 20deg.

jeffw - 25/11/15 at 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/hans-devices/simpson-hybrid-sport-head-neck-restraint

Certainly not cheap but its' not angle dependant so I can use it in any car and it also works in offset and side impacts and you can turn your head more easily.

This is the one I have. I sold a HANS to get it.

Doctor Derek Doctors - 25/11/15 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:

This is the one I have. I sold a HANS to get it.

Any feedback? It looks like what I want (and I already have a Simpson Helmet) but is it worth the £500+ Would be interested to hear what you think before I fork out.

daniel mason - 25/11/15 at 05:14 PM

I'd hold back for now Callan.
I was told today that the msa are looking into those hybrids after some nasty incidents

[Edited on 25/11/15 by daniel mason]

mark chandler - 25/11/15 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
That's plus vat mark!

Oouch, missed that thanks Dan, still demon thieves then!

jeffw - 25/11/15 at 06:53 PM

quote:

Any feedback? It looks like what I want (and I already have a Simpson Helmet) but is it worth the £500+ Would be interested to hear what you think before I fork out.

Compared with a HANS

1. Easier to wear, I tend to put it on at the event and leave it on between rounds.
2. Easier in and out of the car as the rear of the yoke doesn't catch (HANS yoke is much higher)
3. More comfortable to wear, HANS tends to dig in on the forward part of the yoke
4. Side protection, the Simpson has a limited amount of side restraint where the HANS has none.

I much prefer it to adjustable HANS I had before.

car13 - 8/12/15 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jtskips
http://www.vulcanracing.co.uk/apps/webstore/products/show/5635823

£233ea ,,,, not asked for multi buy discount yet

Hi I run Vulcan racing and have been supplying Hans devices to over 70 fellow club racers, I am a approved dealer and have been reselling these at a low margin as the dealer terms are not good.

I started doing this for 15 fellow racers in the MGCC Cockshoot Cup series in which I race and it has grown from that to supply many racers in club series across the UK. I also have sold many via social media (Peter Burchill on facebook)

My website price takes into account paypal fees (Dick Turpin wore a mask). I accept BACs payment or credit card on paypal (buyer to cover fees or pay as friend), or cash if collecting as always good to chat to fellow petrol heads and I make a mean cup of tea.

I started these at £219.14 earlier this year but after price changes and discount changes in August I had to raise my price, to make the deal work I have to buy 25 units which is a big cash out lay, but from this I can do the units at £226 each postage is royal mail second class delivery at £3.90. (signed for but uninsured) Special delivery before noon next day is offered at at cost with insurance at £11.99.

I have in stock currently 4 medium to 16.5 collar and 6 large 17 inch collar from the 25 ordered at end of November.

I am happy to do a group deal as I have done for other series in which I drop the devices at co-ordinators to distribute which saves postage or for them to be collected from Westhoughton near Bolton.

I hope this is ok to respond to mention as just registered on site.

Thanks

Peter

Vulcan Racing - Offering value in club motorsport.