Board logo

Bike engine reverse kit
TheHighlander123 - 7/11/16 at 05:13 PM

As abive

40inches - 7/11/16 at 05:32 PM

My opinion, for what it,s worth, is that after IVA reverse isn't that necessary. I removed mine, and did not miss it at all.
You just need a bit of forethought before parking, don't park facing downhill, someone WILL park in front of you

TheHighlander123 - 7/11/16 at 06:15 PM

I'm in he Highlands in Scotland, surrounded by single track roads, reverse is essential

40inches - 7/11/16 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheHighlander123
I'm in he Highlands in Scotland, surrounded by single track roads, reverse is essential

Only travel uphill

TheHighlander123 - 7/11/16 at 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

Only travel uphill

haha that's an option.

Is there anything special about the reverse kits I see for sale. £300 seems alot for what looks like a starter motor,bracket and a couple of cables.

Huttojb - 7/11/16 at 08:28 PM

I too have a bike engine without a reverse. Would at some point like to get a reverse fitted aswell, so keep the post updated if you don't mind.

I've had to fit a winch in the garage to pull my car in backwards if I every need to work on the rearend. (My drives up a slope.)

Jason.

CosKev3 - 7/11/16 at 09:15 PM

quote:

The electric reverse kits only work on the flat anyway,the slightest of inclines and it won't move the car.

If you need a reverse that works in all situations you will need a reverse gearbox off Quaife or MNR etc,but be aware these sap some power as they are being turned all the time the car is moving.

Jamesc - 8/11/16 at 10:10 AM

I have a modified starter motor and ring gear on my car, but I've never used it.

I'd be up for selling it if that's of interest to you.

TheHighlander123 - 10/11/16 at 11:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jamesc
I have a modified starter motor and ring gear on my car, but I've never used it.

I'd be up for selling it if that's of interest to you.

I've sent you a U2U.

CosKev3 - 17/11/16 at 11:49 AM

https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=206730&page=1#pid1731183